2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

HPTuners VCM Suite

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 11:44 AM

*Update*

So far so good! I am very happy with HPTuners and the tech support is very good. Well, except while they were at SEMA... There really is a lot of things you can tune to personalize your car to your taste.

Have looked at several tunes and made some adjustments to mine. Some worked well others not so much. I added some of one guys tune he used for drag racing and all I had to say was BAT**** CRAZY fast! My car is an auto and I nailed the gas doing 55 and it lit up the tires. Yee ha!!! I backed off that tune when I got home needless to say.
The only issue I'm having now is mid-throttle performance. It feels like it is holding back until it downshifts. I'm working on it. Made some changes today and will load them for my drive home.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:21 PM

The one thing I'd do after finding a cal for an HHR-SS which is "BAT**** CRAZY fast" is take a look at your KR on a long pull under boost with HPT's scanner. Make sure as the engine build heat at WOT that you're not into too much KR.

If you are, I'd either back off the spark a bit or use better gasoline.

..."Bat**** crazy"....
Old 02-16-2012, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Hib Halverson
The one thing I'd do after finding a cal for an HHR-SS which is "BAT**** CRAZY fast" is take a look at your KR on a long pull under boost with HPT's scanner. Make sure as the engine build heat at WOT that you're not into too much KR.

If you are, I'd either back off the spark a bit or use better gasoline.

..."Bat**** crazy"....
That's why I didn't leave that tune there. There have been many changes and many things learned since that post, cam and timing changes. wastegate correction table, MALT, DAL, ect... Great fun and thanks for the advice!
Old 04-19-2012, 10:34 AM

Hey victory could you send me your tune, i want to compare it to mine to make sure i didnt miss anything. i used the tuning guy as a base but not sure if im getting al i can. Im 15-20psi on the boost. no KR
Old 04-19-2012, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by NeXuS
Hey victory could you send me your tune, i want to compare it to mine to make sure i didnt miss anything. i used the tuning guy as a base but not sure if im getting al i can. Im 15-20psi on the boost. no KR
not sure what you have done with the tune but either something is wrong mechanically with the car or you are not getting all you can out of the tune. first, your boost should be consistent not ranging from 15-20psi, and you certainly can increase boost some if that is the max you are seeing (assuming the car is mechanically sound). you may still be using old tables or you may not have the new beta of hptuners.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:47 PM

well its steady 20 then drops off before the shift. sometimes i get a spike to 22-23
Old 04-19-2012, 02:11 PM

I've got consistent boost of 20-ish (21.XX per VCM scanner) when I get into the throttle. I'm doing a conservative roll-my-own tune. I'm trying to scale the boost to be less peaky so I get different boost at different throttle positions. If I keep the throttle in the same position, the boost stays the same *right to the shift*. Is that what you mean by the range? Considering I'm not trying at this time to maximize anything, my boost numbers would seem to suggest that ATLsilverSS is correct. If you still have certain of the nanny controls engaged, you may have some limiting parameters. I'm on the latest beta, by the way.

Last edited by Breadfan; 04-19-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Missed post #26 before I posted, added asterisked part
Old 04-20-2012, 06:59 AM

Can't seem to find a way to add an attachment to a PM???
Old 04-20-2012, 08:57 AM

victory, email me. charrell@palmchevrolet.com
Old 04-20-2012, 09:15 AM

Hey nexus are you stock? Do you have a stage 1?

Quick Reply: HPTuners VCM Suite