2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Issues with GM Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 09:56 PM

Issues with GM Upgrade

Hey guys posting for a friend. He has a hhr ss and did the gm performance mod and the thing is auto.

His boost is all over the place sometime he goes to accelerate and wont boost. Then it will hit boost cut.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:40 PM

Most likely bad instal loose connections on the wiring or lower sensor not seated.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by JBAUTO
Hey guys posting for a friend. He has a hhr ss and did the gm performance mod and the thing is auto.

His boost is all over the place sometime he goes to accelerate and wont boost. Then it will hit boost cut.
Im having the same problem, I just had the entire kit reinstalled to make sure tha the wiring and everything was correct and now it misfires and the turbo surges, just kick on another CEL, any ideas????
Old 03-15-2009, 07:28 AM

I agree it sounds like a bad connection or the lower T map did not get modified.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:49 AM

gosh i hope not, i have had the entire kit installed twice at two different dealers to make sure it was done correctly. could it be the turbo boost valve?? could that cause a misfire and surging??? AAAHHHHHH superchargers are soooooo much easier
Old 03-17-2009, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by xtremekirk
gosh i hope not, i have had the entire kit installed twice at two different dealers to make sure it was done correctly. could it be the turbo boost valve?? could that cause a misfire and surging??? AAAHHHHHH superchargers are soooooo much easier
But sooooo more efficient.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:12 AM

CEL with the Kit

Originally Posted by xtremekirk
Im having the same problem, I just had the entire kit reinstalled to make sure tha the wiring and everything was correct and now it misfires and the turbo surges, just kick on another CEL, any ideas????
do you know what code is set?

Here are some possibles:

No Start – Most likely cause is wires #1 & #3 crossed on the Inlet Duct TMAP sensor.

P2227 Code Set - 1. Reflash not completed correctly. 2. Car was driven on new sensors without the reflash. (Takes 2 key cycles to set)

P0236 Code set – 1. Only one sensor replaced. On HHR SS’s the TMAP in the inlet duct is very hard to access. 2. TMAP-Inlet Duct wired exactly backward thinking pin #4 is Pin #1.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by More_Torque_More_HP
do you know what code is set?

Here are some possibles:

No Start – Most likely cause is wires #1 & #3 crossed on the Inlet Duct TMAP sensor.

P2227 Code Set - 1. Reflash not completed correctly. 2. Car was driven on new sensors without the reflash. (Takes 2 key cycles to set)

P0236 Code set – 1. Only one sensor replaced. On HHR SS’s the TMAP in the inlet duct is very hard to access. 2. TMAP-Inlet Duct wired exactly backward thinking pin #4 is Pin #1.
Bill, doesn't the symptom (boost all over the place) sound more like a boost leak issue?
ie: lower tmap sensor mounted incorrectly, loose charge pipe clamp, etc?
Old 03-18-2009, 08:23 AM

the dealer keeps telling me that the only code that is coming up is a misfire code.........only happens when the car is cold and is very violent when it happens. I contacted GM Performance and had them contact the dealer with tech support. Nothing like doing my dealerships job for them
Old 03-18-2009, 08:45 AM

Boost all over the place issue

Bill, doesn't the symptom (boost all over the place) sound more like a boost leak issue?
ie: lower tmap sensor mounted incorrectly, loose charge pipe clamp, etc?

You are correct that the first place to look for erratic boost is to make sure all the hoses are seated and all the clamps are in place and tight.

I am not sure of ALL of the symptoms of the P0226.

With the kit I have not seen or heard of erratic boost being caused by the kit, it has always been something else.

Bill

Quick Reply: Issues with GM Upgrade