2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

K&N HHR SS KIT 63-3069 Price drop

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Banned

K&N HHR SS KIT 63-3069 Price drop

I notice the price on this kit for close to $300.00 a few days ago. I also notice post on here at this price, but when I clicked to order a few moments ago I see it is now $222.05 at the following site : http://filtersandintakes.com/catalog...oducts_id=4666
Old 11-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Stay with vendors here... We have them in stock and can price match... We have them in stock also. Just send us a PM...
Old 11-08-2009, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
Stay with vendors here... We have them in stock and can price match... We have them in stock also. Just send us a PM...
Good to know, never thought to ask abut something like that!
Old 11-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Yeah, just let us know guys, we are always willing to try to work with everyone.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:22 PM

It's good to see vendors working with members. I plan on supporting the vendors that support us ( when I get the money to do some of the larger things )
Old 11-10-2009, 11:38 AM

Has anyone tested stock with K&N vs the kit? I know the filter made mine a lot more happy.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:52 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
Yeah, just let us know guys, we are always willing to try to work with everyone.
Been there, done that.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
Has anyone tested stock with K&N vs the kit? I know the filter made mine a lot more happy.
Generally KNN will freely admit the filters alone are only a couple HP. The kit HP depends on the vehicle.

In the past all factory systems were all bad but anymore the factories are doing better. That is why the SS only see's a 9 HP gain.

If I had to guess the KNN filter may give you a 2-3 HP advantage. It is better but it has it's limits in a stock system.

But then you do have the advantage of having a cleanable filter.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Generally KNN will freely admit the filters alone are only a couple HP. The kit HP depends on the vehicle.

In the past all factory systems were all bad but anymore the factories are doing better. That is why the SS only see's a 9 HP gain.

If I had to guess the KNN filter may give you a 2-3 HP advantage. It is better but it has it's limits in a stock system.

But then you do have the advantage of having a cleanable filter.
If you have the GMPP upgrade you are talking about a 1% gain with just the K&N filter and around a 3% gain with the whole K&N kit. Unless you are a professional driver I doubt you will notice that small of a difference. As the supply of SS HHR's slows to a stop and more folks stop to think about a 3% gain for $300.00 I imagine the demand and the price will drop.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by JediAce
If you have the GMPP upgrade you are talking about a 1% gain with just the K&N filter and around a 3% gain with the whole K&N kit. Unless you are a professional driver I doubt you will notice that small of a difference. As the supply of SS HHR's slows to a stop and more folks stop to think about a 3% gain for $300.00 I imagine the demand and the price will drop.
The best example I can give is my old GMC Sonoma 4.3. It may have had the ZQ8 suspension but was not a hot rod by anymeans.

With a KNN replacment filter I felt no gains and saw no real gains in MPG. This is similar to all the other vehicles I have used this filter in.

Now on my GMC I installed their intake kit not expecting much because of a claimed 9 HP gain for this particular kit. To my suprise I found it did pick up from around 3000 RPM and up and the big suprise was I picked up a solid 1 MPG.

On my GTP the intake system is very poor and the KNN intake adds a noticable 16 HP also with a small gain in MPG.

The bottom line the number KNN gives on their web site are honest and real. The fact is some cars just respond better because some have poor systems to start. KNN is real.

I sell several systems and they all are not honest nor work as well so if you want a system this is the one I would recomend.

As for the price dropping don't hold your breath. KNN will drop the system if it sells that slow other wise it is what it is. The deal offered here is fair and a good offer so if you want your system this is a good time to get it.

THe HHR SS is not a big mover. Being rare is cool but it hurts when you want aftermarket parts. KNN is not sitting on tons of these and if demand would increase they would make more. With the economy as it is companies are not sitting on large inventories.

Every one wants cheap HP and the truth is HP is not free. If you get this kit it will do as is claimed if you don't get it you will not think less of you SS anyway. This is a good easy way to increse performace that the average guy can do. It also will not mess with emissions like many other things will.

In the real performance world $200-300 is not much money. In fact I wish I would get off that cheap for some small gains.

Quick Reply: K&N HHR SS KIT 63-3069 Price drop