2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Magnaflow Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 09:44 AM

Magnaflow Exhaust

Just ordered a system through summit racing, I was wondering if anyone else on here had this system and if so, are they happy with it. I bought it for the SS, any responses would be appreciated
Old 05-22-2009, 12:36 PM

I don't see a magnaflow exhaust system from summit racing for the hhr ss. Do you have part number?

SPPD
Old 05-23-2009, 09:50 AM

I had to go to the Magnaflow Website, there is a sound clip there as well, but in order to order the system you have to call summit.

The part number is 16811, and the price from summit was $547.00, which is a huge savings

http://magnaflow.com/02product/shopdisplayproducts.asp

Here is the link to the website as well (hope I can post this here)
Old 05-24-2009, 08:52 AM

let us know how it works out. magnaflow said they wasn't going to make it due to lack of intrest. they made one proto type. is it full turbo back or cat back???
Old 05-24-2009, 04:28 PM

Ill post what my impressions here once i get the system. Summit told me that they were going to have it shipped directly from Magnaflow. After I place the order, i called Magnaflow and asked them if the system existed and they said that it did so we'll see what happens.

OHHH, and its a cat-back system
Old 05-31-2009, 09:06 AM

well here is an update on the exhaust system. I was sent an invoice from summit telling me the system was sent out and that it should be about 5 days till delivery. So, I called magnaflow to aquire the tracking information ( cause im anal and want to know EXACTLY where my stuff is ) they told me that I was on a waiting list of about 25 other people that would be the first to get the system once its released. I asked when that was going to be and they said sometime in July or August. SOOOOO on that note, since I already paid for the system I dont know if I want to wait around that long for it, I may just cancel the order. I sent an email to them hoping to get better news but so far no replys. I think that this is TOTAL BS!!!! their video on YouTube was posted in July of 08'... your telling me it takes over a year to get the systems released? thats BS and thats what I said in my email. So thats the update for those that are interested.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:09 AM

cancel your order. You can get the Hahn catback (in polished SS w/ the 4" tip) for 599.99 plus shipping from TTR.

http://www.turbotechracing.com/produ...dcategory=6251

Much better deal.

BUUUUT after all that... I honestly wouldnt do any exhaust work unless you're looking specifically for asthetic improvements. These kits do not drastically change the exhaust note (if anything some kits actually quiet the car down..) and do not provide any performance gains (thats worth 600 bones anyway)

Just something to think about. I would save the 600 and look into IC/IC piping. Much better use of your money IMO.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by xtremekirk
well here is an update on the exhaust system. I was sent an invoice from summit telling me the system was sent out and that it should be about 5 days till delivery. So, I called magnaflow to aquire the tracking information ( cause im anal and want to know EXACTLY where my stuff is ) they told me that I was on a waiting list of about 25 other people that would be the first to get the system once its released. I asked when that was going to be and they said sometime in July or August. SOOOOO on that note, since I already paid for the system I dont know if I want to wait around that long for it, I may just cancel the order. I sent an email to them hoping to get better news but so far no replys. I think that this is TOTAL BS!!!! their video on YouTube was posted in July of 08'... your telling me it takes over a year to get the systems released? thats BS and thats what I said in my email. So thats the update for those that are interested.
like i said,they said they was not planning on coming out with it till a big demand showed. now everyone has the adm or hahn or custom. screw magnaflo lol.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:03 AM

NEW UPDATE.......So taking everyones advice into consideration, I decided to call Summit and cancel the order. I started speaking to the rep and he says that in his computer, he shows the systems shipping out as of this Friday....I asked for comformation and low-an-behold it was confirmed. So the system is shipping out on Friday meaning that I should be getting it on Thursday next week (that coast to coast thing will kill ya) I would have gotten the Hahn system if this fell through but to be honest, I dont really like the sound from the Hahn system. I have seen the video on Youtube and is just does not sound that good to me, where as the Magnaflow has a really nice growel to it. But who knows, I could once again be getting the run around and end up with a Hahn.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by xtremekirk
NEW UPDATE.......So taking everyones advice into consideration, I decided to call Summit and cancel the order. I started speaking to the rep and he says that in his computer, he shows the systems shipping out as of this Friday....I asked for comformation and low-an-behold it was confirmed. So the system is shipping out on Friday meaning that I should be getting it on Thursday next week (that coast to coast thing will kill ya) I would have gotten the Hahn system if this fell through but to be honest, I dont really like the sound from the Hahn system. I have seen the video on Youtube and is just does not sound that good to me, where as the Magnaflow has a really nice growel to it. But who knows, I could once again be getting the run around and end up with a Hahn.
my hahn sounds perfect. i have dp and exhaust so mine might me a little deeper??? more importantly,it doesn't sound like my k6 1000 gixxer with m4 exhaust lol. but to each his own. to be honest,i want to say hahn uses a maganaflow muffler or one very close to it.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Exhaust