2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Octane Boost Products?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 03:23 PM

I've heard about that octanium stuff. Tell us more about the testing Andy.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:02 PM

they dont' work. find a place to get unleaded 100 oct only if you're tuned
Old 09-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by XXL
1) Wallyworld isopropyl alcohol is 30% water.

2) while alcohol will indeed raise the octane of your fuel, it will also lower the thermal potential energy at the same time. The increased octane allows you to advance the timing further, thus gaining more power, and the reduced thermal energy from the burning fuel mixture reduces your power. Net gain? Some water in your fuel. If you pay through the nose for high-purity isopropyl alcohol, your net gain will be a lighter wallet.

We can debate... but be prepared for the science.

Notice the "smileys" at the end of my post !!!! It was jest.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Former Sponsor

If you look at their vendor list,it speaks for itself.I have been around for a few years now,some pretty heavy hitting cars are still alive because of this stuff.

Freemason here runs a healthy dose of NOS on the street and track,he has more datalogs than all of HP TUNERS FORUMS combined and can show valid proof.

I run this stuff from the day I bought the hhr,went to texas motorplex the next day even with dealership junk still in the tank.I added timing through out the day and knocked my times from the 15,s to 14.68 with just timing.Boost controls and tm adjustments were not available yet from hp tuners.

You don't have to buy it.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:41 AM

the science behind MMT (Maganese Tricarbonyl) is that it is as effective as Lead to raise octane levels....

we took my stock block build and added 5 aditional degrees of timing when the 93 octane tune would detonate at 25 deg. i pushed it all the way to 30 deg. as my research eventually proved my setup stopped making new power at 28 deg. the point is i was able to run more timing than the 93 octane would hold on a regular basis....

i was sold on the Octanium from the first bottle, the concetration in the bottle is higher than the NOS "Racing Formula" with MMT that i have also used frequently......

all the stuff on the shelves in stores are nothing but alcohol based solvents that slow the burn cycle in the chambers......what MMT does is it is a metal that slows the burn through it's metalic structure not so different than Lead based fuels and in the process it will lubricate the valve train just as lead does.....

when we pulled the stock block out to upgrade to the stroker there was minor build up after about 15,000 miles of REGULAR use of the MMT based boosters and with a shot of cleaner it wiped right off.....the garbage in mass produced fuels usually are a devil to remove but this stuff just wiped right away.......i run ALL 4 O2 SENSORS and have yet to experience a plugging effect in the sensors....(this is a real posibility but i have yet to kill a sensor with it in over 20,000 miles)

the product andy sells is hands down the best MMT based product sold and it does have alcohol in it but it is just the carrier for the MMT, the metal has to be combined with something to pour it into the tank.....

for you OLD SCHOOL guys you may remember the product from 104 called "REAL LEAD" well it was what the name infers.....lead to raise octane and lube the valve train with Lead concentrate in the bottle......this octanium is another meatal based product that has the same effect on Octane as Lead did.....

i say it is only a matter of time before MMT is removed from the market place because it works identically as Lead did in the past so it stands to reason that the tail pipe particles will reflect some TREE HUGGER effect......this product WILL PASS EMISIONS.....it does not have particulate matter that is sought in the scan so it is GOOD TO GO - FOR NOW ANYWAY.....

for those with HPTuners this product is hands down the best product to squeeze a few more HP out of your animal.....pour the bottle in and add timing and go tear the track up.....that is my MO and i will continue to do it because my results are definitive with improved ET/MPH as a result of MORE TIMING.....
Old 10-04-2008, 09:46 PM

just dump some toulene (sp?) in... it's the main active ingredient and is cheap as hell to get...