2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Opinions on GM Stage 1 kit for auto SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by 06AmethystHHR
has gm resolved the install issues so all the dealers do not fk it up when they do it?

i guess we will go for it this summer.

Thanks for the info so far.
All the dealers aren't screwing it up. This type of exaggeration is not helpful. If the tech pays attention to the terminal numbers, there's no issue. Moreover, all the resources needed to make it even simpler to get right have been posted on the main threads related to the stage kit. I presented my tech with copies of the pertinent documents, and there was no confusion.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
I would say if you are a power freak this is a MUST. First one I drove almost sent me into a panic attack when I hit 80mph in dallas traffic.
See what the service manager does when you let him drive your car
that`s ok, I hit 100 before I got on the hiway 21 pounds of boost oh yea
Old 02-23-2009, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lars on Live
Where in Indiana are you. I've had it done and then I got tired of the dealer not knowing what they were doing and I found a dealer in Indy that had done several. They fixed my install in an hour.
About 2 1/2 hrs north of you, about a hr south of Chicago.
My dealer i'll try to get to do this (where i get all my GM's from ,and where i worked as a tech many moons ago) is in Highland In. Got a few old buddies there i'm going to quiz to see which one will be the test guy on mine, if no one has done the upgrade yet.(Found my SS 30 miles from home, and had it dealer traded to this dealer, just cuz. (THey even ordered one like mine after they had mine waiting for me in the showroom, and everyone was standing around it gawking when i showed up to drive it away LOL.)
Old 02-23-2009, 09:54 PM

Crateenginedepot's Rep Tom is often at Rockenbach Chevrolet in Grayslake, IL just north of Chicago.

May want to make the drive on up to have it installed.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by a76marine
Crateenginedepot's Rep Tom is often at Rockenbach Chevrolet in Grayslake, IL just north of Chicago.

May want to make the drive on up to have it installed.
I made the 90-minute drive up there to have mine done. No issues whatsoever with the work. Price was right too
Old 02-26-2009, 05:32 PM

don't forget to ask the pontiac dealers if they have done any on a solstice, or saturn on the sky,

I've been checking around and nobody in the area has done any yet. i don't want to be the guinea pig.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by stephenm
don't forget to ask the pontiac dealers if they have done any on a solstice, or saturn on the sky,

I've been checking around and nobody in the area has done any yet. i don't want to be the guinea pig.
A tech in Canada told me that a Pontiac/Buick dealer would not do an install...had to be a Chev dealer. Why i'm not sure, but something about the warranty. ChevyMgr, would you comment on this please. Does it matter who does the install for the "Kit"?
Old 02-27-2009, 01:02 PM

Your right Cokey, its because of the warranty extension that covers the kit (at least that's what the dealership said).
Old 02-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mistermike
All the dealers aren't screwing it up. This type of exaggeration is not helpful. If the tech pays attention to the terminal numbers, there's no issue. Moreover, all the resources needed to make it even simpler to get right have been posted on the main threads related to the stage kit. I presented my tech with copies of the pertinent documents, and there was no confusion.

Wow, I overlooked this post somehow.

Not only is my post not an exaggeration but you evidently completely misread what I posted and exaggerated in your post on what I posted originally. Here, I will break it down for you so it is easier for you to understand.

has gm resolved the install issues so all the dealers do not fk it up when they do it?

i guess we will go for it this summer.

Thanks for the info so far.
This post simply states has gm resolved the install issues (which is incorrect instructions) so that when you get it installed (on your car at any dealership across the country, where ever you may live) the dealership (where your car is) does not fk up the installation.

There you go, hope that helps. :)
Old 02-27-2009, 04:48 PM

My Kit is on order.

Quick Reply: Opinions on GM Stage 1 kit for auto SS