2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque
View Poll Results: GM stage upgrade on HHR SS went smooth or had issues
Went smoothly, no issues
76.09%
Had issues (please post if they are resolved or unresolved)
23.91%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: GM stage upgrade on HHR SS went smooth or had issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by a76marine
I get mine installed on Tuesday and I'll let you know.

Dealer I am going to is home of Crate Engine Depot though so they are old pros at it by now.
Most definately. I got mine done there and I was in and out in less than an hour. They were polite and courteous. I tried to give my dealer and a couple other dealers closer to my house a shot, but most of them didn't even know what the kit was until I gave them a part number and all of them said "uh...its on backorder, try again later". One call to Rockenbach/Crate Engine Depot and part was ordered, came in 6 days later, and had it installed on Monday. Well worth the hour and a half drive from Lockport, IL
Old 04-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Banned

wow a 30% issue rate is crazy, you would think with it being a gm upgrade the dealerships would have better training than that.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by 06AmethystHHR
wow a 30% issue rate is crazy, you would think with it being a gm upgrade the dealerships would have better training than that.
There was no training and the first kits had various issues. The instructions in the new kits are simple to understand and their is no modding of the sensors to get them to fit now. Only human error should cause problems, which I think a lot of the issues here arise from.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:39 AM

Just had mine put on the other day-so far so good. In and out quick. It was their first one, but they had no issues. Like ChevyMgr said the instructions are better.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:29 PM

No problem initially

I had no install problem, it was the dealerships first install and they said the next one would be faster. I think it took them about four hours but I was charged a predetermined rate.
An issue that arose one week later was intermittent boost, all or none.
Based on another thread, I checked and tightened the intercooler clamps.
Tightened one or one and one half turns and SO FAR the boost has been consistently available.
I had asked the service writer to have the tech check and tighten the clamps during the install but I doubt the message got to him.
I would suggest that everyone ask them to snug up the clamps when they do the install, maybe they will maybe they won't. It could head off future problems.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:55 PM

I had issues. The GM web site that they use to download the flash for the PCM was down for almost 2 days and my car sat at the dealer for 2 days till they could flash the PCM. For 2 days I sat at the dealer and they didn't even give my a rental after sitting there for 8 hours nor could they tell my when it would be ready. But I did get a deal they only charged my an hour and i got the kit at cost wich here in Canada was $885.00 with taxes so that wasn't bad.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:36 AM

Smile gm stage upgrade

I had my done two weeks ago. What a differance. My only issuse is that I couldnt get my dealer to keep to 1 hr install time. I was charged 2 hrs. I also see a increase in my MPG of 3-5. Depends on what mood I'm in when driving I guess. Go with the GM upgrade.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:17 PM

Mine goes under the wire cutter at 8 AM Monday. I will report my results.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by rosieandelton
My only issuse is that I couldnt get my dealer to keep to 1 hr install time. I was charged 2 hrs.
I believe the estimated install time has changed from 1.0 to 2.0 hours after all the trial/error and revisions to the install instructions.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Mine goes under the wire cutter at 8 AM Monday. I will report my results.
Ah, let us staged guys hear what ya' think. I am sure you are going to be amazed at the added HP and torque, dude. Try not to smile too hard!!

Quick Reply: POLL: GM stage upgrade on HHR SS went smooth or had issues