2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

So....do most of you guys say "Heck With the Warranty"?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 02:10 PM

So....do most of you guys say "Heck With the Warranty"?

For you guys that have added "bolt on's" to your SS...meaning..aftermarket intercoolers, turbo piping, exhaust...etc...do you guys just say the heck with the GM warranty? I really want to add some bolt on's....but I'm not sure if it would be worth voiding the warranty.

I've already added the GMS1 and have a Trifecta Tune (undetectable according to Vince) but I could always use a little more h.p.

Really wanting a catless downpipe, upgraded intercooler, & hot side turbo piping. Still unsure what brands to go with...so I need to do a little more searching.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by KissMy08SS
For you guys that have added "bolt on's" to your SS...meaning..aftermarket intercoolers, turbo piping, exhaust...etc...do you guys just say the heck with the GM warranty? I really want to add some bolt on's....but I'm not sure if it would be worth voiding the warranty.

I've already added the GMS1 and have a Trifecta Tune (undetectable according to Vince) but I could always use a little more h.p.

Really wanting a catless downpipe, upgraded intercooler, & hot side turbo piping. Still unsure what brands to go with...so I need to do a little more searching.
i have a catless dp, no resonators or such, 3'' muffler with 4'' tip ..
doesnt void warranty .. ZZP DP and Mandrel bent piping and Magnaflor Muffler
Old 10-24-2011, 03:09 PM

i have a catless dp, no resonators or such, 3'' muffler with 4'' tip ..
doesnt void warranty .. ZZP DP and Mandrel bent piping and Magnaflor Muffler
Really? I figured anything aftermarket would void warranty. So...what exactly voids warranty then?

If this is true....I might just have to go on a little shopping spree
Old 10-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by 20HHRSS08
i have a catless dp, doesnt void warranty ..

You are incorrect.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Premium Member

i have noticed a lot of guys with mods have had work done, like a new turbo, covered by warranty. I also have noticed , it seems to be the Dealers that we customers love, that do it. I would guess having a good relationship with your dealer would help. If someone asked GM they will say no Take A Hike. They don't need our money The Government will bail they out any way.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
You are incorrect.
i work for a chevrolet dearlership .. so be it , it may void my warranty ..
i still get things fixed

sorry to give false info, never intend to point someone the wrong direction
Old 10-24-2011, 04:05 PM

I had a dealership claim that I would be required to pay for diagnostic time due to mods. When I inquired what mods he was referencing, he pointed out the stubby blue antenna. I know this is an extreme example, but in the end I went to another dealer that fixed the issue under warranty (for the most part)
Old 10-24-2011, 05:08 PM

Some dealers will and some won't. The ones that will usually will just overlook the after market parts and be willing to warranty all the remaining GM parts. The car in question here being a turbo car might change things just because of the added wear on the engine but in most cases you should be able to find a dealer near you that will still cover you.

When I had my 01 Mustang GT I had replaced the intake and TB and headers on back and the Ford dealer did not say anything about them. Again this being a turbo vehicle may change their stance.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:58 PM

I am the Warranty. lol
Old 10-24-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by RobSSTurbo
I am the Warranty. lol
word....bring it to the dealer and they just keep it for a couple weeks and tell you that there is nothing wrong with it

Quick Reply: So....do most of you guys say "Heck With the Warranty"?