2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Surprise!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Yonash
indeed it is! i'll try to get a side shot soon to show how far it sticks out, it really does fit amazingly well. i'll get to see tonight if there is any drone at highway speeds. so far in town it doesn't sound like it has increased interior sound very much. obviously it has a little, but i'll let you all know tomorrow how it sounds going faster.

Just saw the post,Glad to see you like,not bad for mandrel bent and great fit,sound to boot!

I have an update today.

The system will consist:
Full 3" 304 stainless tig welded mandrel bent cat back exhaust system
100% cad designed
Laser cut flanges
Polished Stainless Rolled Tip
Lifetime warranty
Large Body 3" Straight through muffler
All necessary install hardware
Made in USA

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 08-13-2008 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Removed comment per site rules
Old 08-12-2008, 09:07 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE
I have an update today,The first 20 systems will be going into production very soon,a possible group buy may be at hand.Same design and sound as our prototype.

Any intrest please contact me and I will put a list together.
Got a target price for the GB?
Old 08-12-2008, 09:13 PM

Is the muffler going to be a Magnaflow? With a Magnaflow rolled tip? Lets talk group buy and $$$$$$$!
Old 08-13-2008, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by hogwild
Is the muffler going to be a Magnaflow? With a Magnaflow rolled tip? Lets talk group buy and $$$$$$$!
surprise again! it's a Borla tip lol. very pretty though, and as pointed out earlier, a beautiful fit for the stock cutout in the rear fascia.

anyways, my report on highway speed drone...THERE IS NONE! i'd have to get up around 75-80mph to get closer to 3000-3100rpm cruising to get any real increase in sound inside over stock. for the most part while cruising, it keeps pretty quiet, unlike so many of the obnoxious, blatty, ricer kitty-cannons. nice rumble at idle and just off, kinda quiets down a bit nearly to stock sounding between about 2kand 3k rpms, then you start to really hear it go, and it's just a fantastic sound.

i strongly advise all, if youre looking for a catback for your SS, look no further than ADM (and no i'm not getting paid to say that, seriously). looks great, sounds great, performs great, and pretty darn easy to install too. the ramps my SS is on in the videos is how it sat for the install. however after attaching the midpipe, when it came time to stick the front end of the axle-back portion over the rear suspension, i had to have my brother lay under the spare tire well and push up to get enough clearance for these monster pipes between th suspension and the heat shield JUST in front of the rear suspension. that was really the ONLY somewhat tricky part of the install.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:30 AM
Former Sponsor

It will not be magnaflow muffler,I am using one of my long time vendors whom I have done our own special parts with in past.If your dead set on magnaflow muffler than we may have something for you..but honestly the product/company I am using is hands down one of the best in the performance exhaust world.

We are also looking into an optional muffler delete option as well that you can do a quick change before the track,if you know what I mean.

Pricing is yet to be determined,but will reflect current product quality/price that is similar in design.

More to come

Andy

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 08-13-2008 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Removed comments per site rules
Old 08-13-2008, 10:39 AM

Hmmm

I need a sound clip of this new venders muffler on an HHR SS. Im not in love with magnaflow mind you, but you have now changed the product that I saw and liked! Im sure this vender has a name??? Thanks
Old 08-13-2008, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE
It will not be magnaflow muffler,I am using one of my long time vendors whom I have done our own special parts with in past.If your dead set on magnaflow muffler than we may have something for you..but honestly the product/company I am using is hands down one of the best in the performance exhaust world.

We are also looking into an optional muffler delete option as well that you can do a quick change before the track,if you know what I mean.

Pricing is yet to be determined,but will reflect current product quality/price that is similar in design.

More to come

Andy
I am thinking turbo-back exhaust that doesn't delete the cat so it still passes emissions with an electric cutout in the down-pipe or just after, as an option of course.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy SS
I am thinking turbo-back exhaust that doesn't delete the cat so it still passes emissions with an electric cutout in the down-pipe or just after, as an option of course.
exactly what i'm thinking. i will eventually be removing the first chunk of the midpipe, where the flange is, and basically just shortening that pipe, saving the piece, and putting in a cutout. basically it will be the flange on the DP, the cutout, flanged on both sides so it is removable and replacable with just a piece of pipe with flanges (i'm told the presence of a cutout on a car results in automatic fail on smog visual inspections, so the piece of pipe will be put in place when it's time for inspection), then the rest of the catback after that.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:13 PM

A Borla Muffler maybe? :) I do like the fact that there is no increase exhaust sound inside. whats the stock size anyways? 2 3/4 inch? Anyways looks great and sounds good.

I do believe that just changing the exhaust or intake will not void warrenty.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:24 AM

stock i think is 2 1/2" not sure though. this stuff is much larger than stock. seeing them side by side in person was amazing at the size difference. and the increased exhaust sound inside does happen, just not until you start getting up in rpms pretty good.