2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Is there a TSB for the faulty MAP sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 03:24 PM

Is there a TSB for the faulty MAP sensor?

I copied this from another website: I have the same issue:
Now if they just come out with the TSB about the MAF sensor being bad we'd be ok...Copied this off another forum:
Bad MAP sensor on 08 ss
Hey this is my first post and boy do I have something to talk about...

I have a 08 ss and decided to go aftermarket and get a tune and a intake for my car. I purchased a HAHN cai and had a friend with hp tuners flash the pcm. He installed the solstice's version of the gm stage kit, and it made a world of difference. Stock I was boosting 14psi and after intake install the learn down feature kicked me down to 7psi @ wot in 3rd gear, after tuning I was hitting 22psi falling to 20. I had the car dynoed it turned 308.5hp and 343tq needless to say I was very happy with my decision to go aftermarket. This past weekend it bite me in the ass, the car now has a cel for the MAP sensor low voltage and various misfires. I called a bud at a chevy dealership and he said that the MAP sensor is on national backorder and would take a while to come in...

Here's what I want to know...

What sensors are in the gm kit? I believe one was a MAP sensor

Since I'm running higher boost is it possible that it shortened the life of the sensor and will continue to do so if I don’t get the MAP sensor in the gm kit?

alright I'll check back in later and see what you guys think...

if you have any useful info or links to the part # in the kit please help a someone out

you aren’t the only one, thankfully I have a full completely true answer... me and a buddy both ran into the same issue, same code, everything. happens to be that this buddy is the main tech at the local dealership and he called the engineers about it. they said that there's a metal piece within the map sensor that after a couple of times hitting the boost over 22 psi, that metal piece will bend, and cause the low voltage, your map is gone. now, the only way to fix this and get around this, according to the engineer, is reduce the boost. my buddy asked him why only a couple of us are having this issue, the engineer told him that we just must be pushing more boost, more often. I have gone through 2 map sensors, but then again my boost gauge is reading that I spike 30psi and am boosting like 26, so I don’t know how much boost you are running, but at this moment there’s nothing u can do.

I even looked into getting the gm 3 bar map sensor, only issue with that is that these pcm's don’t read that op system without the stage kit....so until you get that stage kit, you’re just going have to keep replacing it.