2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Trifecta tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 09:49 PM

Trifecta tune

Just thougt I would give my opinion about the Trifecta tune....Awesome! I was running a BSR tune, around 19 psi, has way more power than stock, will slightly spin the front wheels in 2nd gear when its below 60 outside. I upgraded the intercooler and downpipe from Hahn, not a huge difference, just the exhaust is louder (bot not irritating) and the boost temperature stays within 4 degrees of the outside temp! Feels stronger in the hot weather. Now, for the Trifecta tune, not only is it cheaper but i'm now running 22psi! Even ambient temps around 90, it will spin the front tires in second gear from about 3000rpm and up- but not so bad it slows the acceleration. Even with the airconditiong on its amazing. At 22 psi, going thru third gear, the boost temps only rise about 10 degrees above the outside air! This thing will be a monster in the cooler weather, I'm going to have to find a stickier tire. Interesting when I gave rides to friends- their opinions were- stock, hmmm, its pretty fast for stock, BSR tune-wow, this is a 2.0L?, and smiles all around, Trifecta tune- Holy #%$&, impressive, and in hot weather too!.....
So, if they only made these things in AWD!
p.s. if anyone wants a BSR tuner, let me know-its best for a stock vehicle-
Old 07-15-2010, 10:04 PM

I can only give you the
Old 07-15-2010, 11:20 PM

I've been running the Trifecta tune for a few months now. It's stock , except for a free flowing muffler, and it's real strong. I'm showing 22-24 lbs. of boost, and it will definately light the tires at anything below 55mph, and thats with the TC on.
I've ridden in a stage one tune, and the trifecta is stronger all the way through. Plus you don't have the problems that stage one guys are having with their tunes. Just hearing the BOV[with tune very much louder] go off, is a kick. Fun factor.....priceless. "Moon"
Old 07-17-2010, 02:40 PM

Sounds like the Trifecta tune is great, I was one of the early buyers for the BSR tune. The most boost I see now is 23 compared to 25-27 when first installed. I may have other issues as I have had some codes in the past with the bypass valve door stuck closed.
I would like to try the Trifecta, but I don't think that we can sell the BSR units as they are specific to the VIN, and I am not so sure that can be changed.
BTW, the other night on the way home from work, (very, very late) no one on the pike, except for a few, a new Mercedes E350 with the duals out the back, came off the entrance ramp up next to me and I guess wanted to established terrority rights, so he punched it and took off, and of course I said, "who does he think he is"? Caught up next to him at a certain rate of speed, and then we both punched it, I pulled more than a 1/2 car length on him into a significant 3 digit zone number, he never passed me, and then I backed off. I think he was surprised to say the least... He put on his 4-ways when he did go by, I guess that was his way of saying, you got me!!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:14 PM

you can't give your bsr tune to no one...you will be like me and others and use it as a collectors item,paper weight,etc...the marries itself to your car and mess up someone elses car.

congrats on your trifecta. i'm boosting 25psi on mine...strange you caouldn't tell the difference with the upgraded ic and exhaust. do you have a catted dp??? i can honestly say back when i did all my mods,i felt all of them. i added one by one so i could see/feel the difference. i got my car in 08 and after a month or two after that, those damn factory ic pipes and ic was the first thing to go lol.