2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

What am I missing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 11:15 PM

What am I missing?

What am I missing and or what else do I need to complete this package?

So far I have the big Hahn Intercooler and their new Aluminum Intercooler pipes that accept the 3-Bar sensors and designed for the Automatic SS, a complete K&N Air Intake system a specially modified factory Cat Downpipe, TTR Upper Motor Mount, Air/Lift Drag Bags and a HP Tune, all to be installed by a HP Tune expert in conjunction with a Dyno Jet Dyno.

I also plan to wrap the intercooler pipes, intake pipes and air box with an insulation material like Dynamat.

The plan is to Dyno the car Stock then with the K&N and Downpipe and them with the Intercooler, pipes 3-Bar sensors and HP Tune.

This is a street car and my daily driver and must run on 91-octane as that is the highest that is available at gas stations in Arizona and I don’t want to have to BLEND my fuel every time I need to fill it up.

I DO NOT want it any louder and am considering Y-ing the factory exhaust after the center resonator and running two factory mufflers, one on each side.

Any input will be greatly appreciated and yes I plan to share the Dyno results and ¼-mile time.

Not sure what tire yet but it will most likely be a 245/40 or 255/35 Street tire.

I'm Loveing Life and Having Fun
In the warm Arizona Sun

Last edited by Evad; 01-02-2013 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Premium Member

Sounds good, I would add a Forge relief valve. Does it rain there ?

Auto exhaust is quieter than 5 speed.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:25 AM

I'll look ingo the Forged Blow-off Valve thanks

It only rains about 7-inches a year....but ya outa be here the day it comes
Old 01-03-2013, 09:14 AM
Platinum Member

Running 2 factory mufflers off of a Y-pipe may be too restrictive. With that setup, you may lose some hp and torque in the upper range.
I would go less restricted...Let It Breathe!!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:34 PM

Thanks for your input on my idea of splitting the exhaust.

My theory of splitting the exhaust after the center resonator is that now only half of the exhaust will now go through each muffler thus reducing the backpressure after the resonator and should give better high RPM performance without hurting low end performance. I understand that it will add weight and that is almost always a bad thing.

I like the look of dual exhaust and I guess I’ll just have to chalk up the extra weight to, IMHO, better looks.

IF I do add the second muffler I well do a Dyno run to insure it does not hurt performance anywhere.

I think I might be able to find a used muffler that someone has taken off their SS Automatic at a reasonable price. The other costs will be at the Muffler Shop getting it put on, cutting the rear valance and of course the cost of the Dyno testing.

I honestly don’t expect much, if any, performance gain but as I said I like the looks of the dual exhaust and I am hoping it won’t hurt anything and I should achieve my goal of a nice and quiet Dual Exhaust.

If we all liked the same thing it sure would be a dull boring World wouldn’t it
Old 01-03-2013, 01:52 PM

you wont see much if any improvement..unless you do the 2nd cat mod..and it wont be more restrictive, you basically doubled the muffler capacity..just be sure to split it where there is even flow to both sides..most people split them just behind the axle,,not much room underneath the fwd body to play. There are a few threads in here addressing this..
Old 01-03-2013, 05:16 PM

I am doing the second cat mod and I have a SS Automatic Factory Cat/Downpipe on the way to me right now that I am going modify. I agree there is not much room for a second muffler and if it won't fit then I guess I'll have to consider a Plan B for a duel exhaust.

Thanks and I'll look for some duel exhaust threds and check um out
Old 01-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Premium Member

Yea that cat was easy to find...
Old 01-03-2013, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by SS fan
Yea that cat was easy to find...
It took me about 3-month of looking on two Forums to get one and, WELL, it's not here yet but it is an Automatic Downpipe this time and I have sent the money and now I'm just watin for it to show up so I can get it modified.

My thanks to 2005HHRauto for sending me on this hunt and all in all I believe him that this is the best way to go for a street driven Automatic and contrary to what others have posted I do believe he is running as fast as he says.

I think I'm done looking for used parts for now, so far on this forum I found and bought a used Hahn Intercooler, a used complete K&N system and lastly that elusive SS Automatic Dowpipe.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Premium Member

Made mine run a lot stronger, both the mods He suggested . I too have bought lots and lots of parts here, only got robbed once, I should have known better.

Quick Reply: What am I missing?