Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   2.0L Performance Tech (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/)
-   -   Zzp lnf s256et kit on its way (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/zzp-lnf-s256et-kit-its-way-41252/)

foolmoon_design 06-11-2012 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by ZZsteve (Post 650089)
our LNF kit, (and LSJ turbo kit, and 2.2/2.4 kit, and our grand prix 3800 kits,and LSx truck turbo kits....) ALL come with a manual boost controller.....i have no idea why you would think that they wont work on a computer controlled car???? that is just false information. they work VERY well.....

and to the O.P. good to see another HHR guy with the turbo upgrade kit! i've sold a few of them to HHR guys already :) i would stay around 375-400 on a daily driver car....and please, dont NLS into 3rd all the time, it WILL break!

not to be a jerk, but Ryan drives his 9 sec cobalt to and from work allllll the time, our 10 sec LNF cobalt gets street driven for weeks on end, and driven to the track, we drive our 11 second auto cobalt to the track, and rent it out to customers to drive while we work on their stuff all the time. we use the manual boost controller to turn it down to a reasonable power level.

the front tow hook strap is on the car because many road coarses REQUIRE the car to have a tow hook on it just in case you break down out in the middle of the track a mile from the parking lot.

Your site says its a 2 position switch hi and low, and requires ecm tuning to work. in my experience a mbc is a valve, not a switch and shouldn't require anything but tapping a vac line, so please clarify how that is not a tune mapped to a 2 position knob?

ZZsteve 06-11-2012 12:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Option 3: This determines the boost control of the kit, 375-400whp tune is a ZZP pcm with a manual boost controller, that turns the boost up or down with a knob and is (usually) mounted under the hood. This option requires you to either send in your PCM core first(preferred) or pay the refundable core charge.

The selectable boost control option uses boost controls that uses the factory Traction control button that can change the boost in turn changing the power of the car. The low setting will be 18-19psi and the high boost setting will be 24-25psi.

^this is a completely separate option. the hi-lo boost switch is something WAY different than our MBC. as long as your over/under boost tables are adjusted broad enough, you will not run in to issues.

(just an FYI, i do not sell the MBC seperately on my site, you wont find a product description page for it, it's only included with kits...maybe that is where the confusion is coming from)

Attachment 25988
Attachment 25989

moonsign 06-11-2012 01:05 PM

I was'nt trying tp "burst anyones bubble" just saying that around 400 H.P. for a car driven on the street daily, is about the limit for the tire you can put under one, and getting decent traction. Track use and slicks are a different ball game.
ZZP: are you running stock trans on you 9 and 10 sec. Balts? Enlighten me of this. "Moon"

ZZsteve 06-11-2012 01:10 PM

totally agree with you that 400+ is useless on the street with normal tires in a FWD car....still driveable, just not going to hook up anywhere :)

the 9 sec cobalt now has an auto trans so no..
the 10 sec LNF has a 4.45 gear trans in it and is living on a prayer right now like the rest of the high HP guys....

EcotecRacer 06-11-2012 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by ZZsteve (Post 650109)
totally agree with you that 400+ is useless on the street with normal tires in a FWD car....still driveable, just not going to hook up anywhere :)

the 9 sec cobalt now has an auto trans so no..
the 10 sec LNF has a 4.45 gear trans in it and is living on a prayer right now like the rest of the high HP guys....

I'm more curious details on automatic trans being used

MBC seems like bad idea in my book unless the tables are adjusted enough be safely used?? I can just see someone buying this kit and turning knob with no knowledge and then blaming zzp for bad kit..... Steve I'm sure you know where I'm going with this input....

I know most turbo kits avoid mbc for this reason

ZZsteve 06-11-2012 02:44 PM

the trans is a 4t65E (Grand Prix GTP transmission) with custom adapter plates, and lots of internal goodies (same trans that is in our mid 8 second grand prix) it is indestructable :)

when you lower the boost on the MBC, the maf makes up for the difference pretty well, and adjust the fuel accordingly.

we dont sell the MBC as a kit, it only comes with our turbo kits, which come with a tune...you can set max boost in the PCM so it closes the throttle (to prevent people from cranking it up to the stars and scattering engines on the pavement)

EcotecRacer 06-11-2012 02:58 PM

Ok that makes sense!

Steve ill email you on the 4t65e

Omnigear 06-11-2012 11:06 PM

i didnt see the s256 on the hhr when i search hhr >_<

moonsign 06-12-2012 12:52 AM

ZZSteve: thanks for the info on the trans. I'm auto so I was real curious about a stock auto taking that kind of torque.
Just for chuckles, what would be the tab, on a set up auto from you, for my HHR-SS. "Moon"

shortonmoney2 06-12-2012 09:46 AM

Thank you zzsteve for clarifying it very detailed explanation thats why i trust you and your products and im as giddy as a schoolgirl over this upgrade