2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Zzp lnf s256et kit on its way

Old 06-07-2012, 05:37 PM

Zzp lnf s256et kit on its way

Well i havnt been on here in a minute but i recently had several throttle body, throttle pedal failures followed by our beloved stock turbo destroying itself so i said enough is enough i just claimed my army enlistment bonus after three years so today i ordered the s256et stage 3 kit and im thinking about the stage 1 cams and nuetral balance shafts as well i already have the stage 4 clutch installed so i have no worrys but zzp told me theres a few hhr's running this kit and it directly bolts on so i will keep you guys updated about the successes and potential failures of this kit
Old 06-08-2012, 12:28 PM

Cool can't wait to hear how this turns out. Finally there are a few HHRs doing turbo upgrades. This will help me choose when I get around to shelling out for a bigger turbo Good Luck!

Last edited by Miltown SS; 06-09-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by shortonmoney2
Well i havnt been on here in a minute but i recently had several throttle body, throttle pedal failures followed by our beloved stock turbo destroying itself so i said enough is enough i just claimed my army enlistment bonus after three years so today i ordered the s256et stage 3 kit and im thinking about the stage 1 cams and nuetral balance shafts as well i already have the stage 4 clutch installed so i have no worrys but zzp told me theres a few hhr's running this kit and it directly bolts on so i will keep you guys updated about the successes and potential failures of this kit
what is "direct bolt on" mean though?? lol...hahn is the only "true" direct bolt on. anytime you need different manifolds and fabrication,it's not a "bolt on". heard it's a nice kit though.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:52 PM

I was confused by the true-bolt-on description on the Hahn site. It says you don't need to change anything, then later it says you need external BOV instead of internal BOV as well as a new tune. So I guess you don't need to change anything....except you do.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:19 PM

I think he means the kit well fit since its made mainly for a cobalt.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:48 PM

Ya and out here in the fort sill area we have one guy with a cobalt with the massive "bat mo wheel" bullseye turbo and its beastly plus ive heard nothing but positives from zzp so thats who ill invest in but the estimated whp on the canned tune with the kit alone is 420whp im hoping to catch a good 450whp and i will also be testing the n2mb wot box 2 step launch on the ss and see how well those hoosier grab on a launch lets just pray to dear lord baby jesus i dont snap an axle.... Long live experimentation right??
Old 06-10-2012, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by shortonmoney2
Ya and out here in the fort sill area we have one guy with a cobalt with the massive "bat mo wheel" bullseye turbo and its beastly plus ive heard nothing but positives from zzp so thats who ill invest in but the estimated whp on the canned tune with the kit alone is 420whp im hoping to catch a good 450whp and i will also be testing the n2mb wot box 2 step launch on the ss and see how well those hoosier grab on a launch lets just pray to dear lord baby jesus i dont snap an axle.... Long live experimentation right??
before you launch if you don't have them already get some rotated mounts or you WILL snap an axle. be easy on it too or your trans will not like you
Old 06-10-2012, 06:44 PM

For daily driving 400 seems more than enough, even for the track. 450 just seems like trouble, on stock internals and the tranny. You can tell when your tires don't work, but I don't know anybody who can tell when the internals are bout to go. To me a bigger turbo making clean dependable power is better than trying to push the limits. Either way it's more power, just safer detuned a bit.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:02 PM

I totally agree with foolmoon.
Anything over 400 H.P. thats generating a lot of torque, is asking for some possible grief for a daily driver. First for a DD, to have to have a tire that can handle the power, otherwise you turn your ride into a pooch, with no traction.
The FWD cars that are turning the big numbers[12 sec. and lower] have lots of other parts that are beefed up to handle that much torque, and most are trailered to the track[thats why you see the front tow strap hook on the front-they are even towed to the starting line], and rarely, if ever driven on the street,
450 H.P., you can bet they have internal engine parts that are beefed up, and also major HD clutches, beefed trans, and axles, if they run slicks with that kind of power.
H.P. alone does not equate to being either fast or quick. You have to have the complete package, engine, drivetrain, and decent driver skill, to make it work. anything less and you are a also ran-Read: POOCH].
Daily driver, with out major mods, and pushing 450 H.P. better make good friends with their local tow truck company. It's a long walk home, and really puts the hurt on the wallet. "Moon"
Old 06-11-2012, 08:07 AM

Theres a lot more supporting mods i will be doing including the trans mounts, engine mounts, traction bars, manual boost controller to turn it down to 15psi for daily, etc.. Im still compiling a big list of parts to support street/strip use and the large gobs of torque ill be making just usually dont have time to post it all on here while im working in the motorpool

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Zzp lnf s256et kit on its way