2.2L Performance Tech 16 valve 143 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque
View Poll Results: IMCO T924 owner poll- please only people that have put a T924 on
I wish i would have never put it on, i want the OEM back
5.26%
I dont like it, it has not helped sound or performance
7.89%
I dont like the sound but I like the performance increase
6.58%
I love the sound but It performs the same as the OEM
26.32%
I love the sound and I like the performance increase
53.95%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

2.2 or 2.4 IMCO T924 muffler owners Poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by KY Dave
My wife won't go for one on her Cobalt. She thinks it is crazy that I put out money to have something that sounds "trashy". But I like it.
Sorry Dave wives are not required to understand, dont give up maybe it'll grow on her.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by TX-HHR
Sorry Dave wives are not required to understand, dont give up maybe it'll grow on her.
Sometimes, it's the other way around. My boyfriend was floored when I told him I was taking my HHR to have a new muffler put on it. He said..."that's a brand new car with a brand new muffler" I then politely reminded him that it was my car and when it was all done, he would understand why I did it. Drove up to his house...he liked the sound and when I let him drive it...he couldn't believe the difference. He now brags to his friends how his girlfriend put this cool muffler on her new car and it made a world of difference.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Sometimes, it's the other way around. My boyfriend was floored when I told him I was taking my HHR to have a new muffler put on it. He said..."that's a brand new car with a brand new muffler" I then politely reminded him that it was my car and when it was all done, he would understand why I did it. Drove up to his house...he liked the sound and when I let him drive it...he couldn't believe the difference. He now brags to his friends how his girlfriend put this cool muffler on her new car and it made a world of difference.
You're right Deb, "significant others" are not required to understand.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:42 AM
Deceased

Originally Posted by TX-HHR
You're right Deb, "significant others" are not required to understand.
Thank God mine does understand
Old 07-21-2006, 11:34 PM

Getting mine put on Tomorrow (Sat 7-22). I already have the CGS intake and hope this ads a little my little 2.2.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by TeverHHR
Getting mine put on Tomorrow (Sat 7-22). I already have the CGS intake and hope this ads a little my little 2.2.
Already have the IMCO...CGS arrived this afternoon and will be installed this weekend. Can hardy wait to get it done. Boyfriend now understands my obsession and is looking forward to helping me do the install. Will report back once it's on and taken for a ride. Should definitely give my 2.2L a big boost.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:35 AM

Got rid of the turtle this morning. I am now the proud driver of a CGS intake and the T924 muffler. First impression is pretty good. I have only driven it from the muffler shop to home, about 7 miles. Got in to it as hard as I could, seems to have a little more torque steer and a little more pull in the low end, which is good. I am still unsure on the sound. I like it, but I don't want to run around sounding like I am in my mid life crisis (38 yrs old here. I did test drive the 06 arrest me red SS Cobalt 5 speed for a few laps though before buying the HHR though). The sound is by no means a fart can, just louder and deeper than stock. I think a lot of it is from the intake, the 924 just deepens it. I had the intake on for about 1 week prior to the muffler, and it had allready changed the tone, seems like the muffler just made it deeper and little louder, not much though. For now

Old 07-22-2006, 08:48 AM
Deceased

after about 3 to 4 weeks and some miles
the sound will get quieter cause it will have some carbon on it

its only louder then when you really put your foot in it

enjoy
Old 07-22-2006, 09:53 AM

Looks like we are quickly developing a standard for intake/exhuast mods. CGS and 924. I agree with CJ the sound mellows after a few weeks, but was never ricer to begin with. I really like this mod.

So who else has both?
Old 07-22-2006, 02:27 PM

Had a little longer trip and I really like it. It seems to have a little more on the low end. I only have the 2.2. Coming from a 220hp Impala, it needs a little more oomph. The more I drove and listen, the more I liked it. I am definatly happy with it. To those who tested this combo,

Quick Reply: 2.2 or 2.4 IMCO T924 muffler owners Poll