2.2L Performance Tech 16 valve 143 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque

CGS Air Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 03:19 PM

CGS Air Intake?

I bought a brand new CGS Intake and should be getting it in by the end of the week. I only paid $192.15 with free freight so it seems like a good deal?

I have a question has anyone that has one installed noticed better gas mileage? How about HP any increase (not noticeable but maybe tested)?
Old 04-21-2008, 06:22 PM

I paid $227.00 for mine including s/h, so yeah, thats a pretty good price. I've noticed a little better gas milage but not anything to be excited about. As for more power, maybe a little bit. It sounds really nice though and makes the engine compartment look bigger and cleaner.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:16 PM

Well after I was sent a link to the thread about it in 2.4 I am thinking it might be more for sound and looks? But the only way is to see hey if guys can put a wing on a front wheel drive for looks I think I can get away with the intake! LOL

I was thinking it might help with gas milage I will take anything I can get even if the boss does pay for gas!
Old 04-25-2008, 07:42 AM

What vendor?

What vendor sold the intake for $192.15?
Old 04-25-2008, 06:24 PM

i'd like to know also
Old 04-26-2008, 11:09 AM

Sorry I have been away and then the server down so have not checked this post. I noticed that the CGS price where I bought the unit has gone up to $201.76 with free shipping?
I bought it here: http://streetpros.com/product_list/c...ntakes/pos/120

I did not post it becuse I did not want to make anyone upset that I did not get it from a Forum Vendor? If I did something wrong by posting this please delete.

I should have mine in this coming week it said 7 to 10 days once I have it in I will post up pictures.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:24 AM

Sounds like a good price.

BTW...while it's nice to buy from site vendors when possible, in todays economy with gas prices out of control, you gotta save where you can. And if we can't post links to other sites that we don't have a vested interest in/work for, or run, then something would definitely be amiss. After all, forums are for sharing any and all links that we believe other members will enjoy.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:26 AM

I always like to give our Supporting Vendors a chance. If you find a good price somewhere else send our S.V.'s a pm/email and see if they can match the price. It's always worth a try.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
I always like to give our Supporting Vendors a chance. If you find a good price somewhere else send our S.V.'s a pm/email and see if they can match the price. It's always worth a try.
Great idea I think I will try that next time becuse I am buying more parts. I think new springs in the back are next!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:29 PM

I did a little upgrade this morning! I received my Cold Air Intake this week and was able to take some time today to install it.

I have not gotten the time to really try it out but I know it sounds good. I just hope that it will help with the HP and gas milage? :???:

Here are some pictures:

The intake came in packed vary good, the screws to attach the sensor was supposed to come with it and they were not included so I had to use my own screws. Also the bolt that attaches it to the manifold was to long so I had to use some washers. Other then that I was vary happy and it was a vary quick install!

Quick Reply: CGS Air Intake?