2.2L Performance Tech 16 valve 143 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque

CJs Altered Standard Super Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Deceased

what i am finding out is the longer the computer sees what it is happening on this new air flow the better it is running. the cool thing that i am seeing is therejust isnt any hesitation at all anymore at any speed which is really nice.

pick up is still great and now that i put a aliminum tube from the back of the filter box to the front tube and it is all tube now, it is even better still.

i am going to try and run the hose tomorrow from the lower grill to the front of the filter so it feeds directly into the front,,, ram air

that is going to have to make a difference. i hope i can make it happen before i go to Florida
Old 05-10-2006, 11:46 PM

You never sit still do ya CJ?? lol I'll have to catch up with you in the next few weeks to get an in-person look at it although my schedule is pretty hectic until after Memorial day... keep the mods coming!

CBL
Old 05-11-2006, 06:44 AM

Sounds GREAT CJ!! Keep us posted (as I'm sure you will) on the fab!!
Can't wait to see the pic's!
Old 05-23-2006, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by cj krause
what i am finding out is the longer the computer sees what it is happening on this new air flow the better it is running. the cool thing that i am seeing is therejust isnt any hesitation at all anymore at any speed which is really nice.

pick up is still great and now that i put a aliminum tube from the back of the filter box to the front tube and it is all tube now, it is even better still.

i am going to try and run the hose tomorrow from the lower grill to the front of the filter so it feeds directly into the front,,, ram air

that is going to have to make a difference. i hope i can make it happen before i go to Florida
Wouldn't mined seeing some pics CJ.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Deceased

ran out of time coming here and so i changed up and the more i looked at the air aid AIK the more i liked it.

i ordered it and will have it in when i get back on friday or saturday after i get back to Texas.

the tube in the filter didnt work all that great so i took it out. didnt seem to make much difference w the tube in.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:08 PM

I'm also thinking of ordering one, and make a hood scoop or a cowl induction hood. I'm just thinking about it right now. not to sure.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:06 PM

Thumbs up

ran out of time coming here and so i changed up and the more i looked at the air aid AIK the more i liked it.

i ordered it and will have it in when i get back on friday or saturday after i get back to Texas.

the tube in the filter didnt work all that great so i took it out. didnt seem to make much difference w the tube in.

alright..we have another airaid tester! woohoo!
Old 05-23-2006, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by BlackHHR
I'm also thinking of ordering one, and make a hood scoop or a cowl induction hood. I'm just thinking about it right now. not to sure.

save on shipping and $15.00 ordering one
http://www.autoanything.com/?kc=EMY06023
Old 05-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Deceased

I did get the discount and free shipping
Old 05-23-2006, 04:04 PM

I did get the discount and free shipping

Good job... saved some $$$$

Quick Reply: CJs Altered Standard Super Air Intake