2.2L Performance Tech 16 valve 143 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque

Supercharging a 2.2

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 10:08 PM

Supercharging a 2.2

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knew if a Saturn Ion 2.0L Redline M62 Supercharger would fit onto the 2.2 hhr ls motor. I've heard that it fits but it would be great if someone had some more information on it.

Thanks
Old 08-29-2013, 11:28 PM
Platinum Member

Look for member CJ, & shoot a PM, he has done it long ago & it was a Screamer..
Old 08-30-2013, 07:43 AM

I tried to find his name but I couldn't find it. Is his name just CJ?
Old 08-30-2013, 08:49 AM

I dont know if he used the ion supercharger though. I know the suspension is different, along with a few things under the hood, but no specifics on the supercharger being identical. One person that would know is John Powell, he owns an Ion.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:48 AM

It will work. They use the same LSJ engine as the balts.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Look for member CJ, & shoot a PM, he has done it long ago & it was a Screamer..

CJ Krause is the members posts you are looking for. He was banned some time ago PM won't go. He posted tons of good mod info.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Fox Hat
CJ Krause is the members posts you are looking for. He was banned some time ago PM won't go. He posted tons of good mod info.
Huh, I do believe his BAN was lifted a while back, but guess he got banned again..

He can still be contacted, if there is a need.. Thru a PM to me..
Old 01-20-2014, 05:14 PM

ZZP super charger http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/...arger-Kit.aspx

here is there why u should get it but its pricey as ****..

Is this the same as buying an LSJ take off?
No. There are many advantages of this kit over that route.

1. The LSJ uses a 6 rib belt. The 2.2 and 2.4 use a 5 rib belt. This means doing a lot of custom work or changing over all the accessories to 6 rib. Our kit uses a custom length 5 rib belt for everything allowing use of all your factory components and you don't have to remove the balancer.

2. The LSJ uses 34# multec 2 connection injectors. These will not plug into your 2.2/2.4 harness. They are too small for this application. Our kit includes 60# injectors that plug in with no cutting or splicing.

3. The heat exchanger on an LSJ is difficult to install and much smaller than the custom ZZP S3 HE we include with this kit.

4. The LSJ throttle body will not plug into your factory harness, nor will it reach the new location of the TB. We include an adapter harness making this job simple and quick.

5. The LSJ intake will not fit without moving things around. Coolant reservoir and other items get in the way. Our kit is setup to work without moving these items.

6. The LSJ pulley is 3.35" but has a larger OD than what we include. Our pulley is safer on the engine and requires less work to fit on the automatic cars where the engine is moved forward.

Do I need a tune?
If you install this kit with your stock PCM calibration, the car will not run and if it does you'll blow up the engine the first time you floor it. Yes, a tune is required. We offer tuning for the 05-10 2.4L, all others we recommend vince@trifectaperformance.com

-A dyno tune is not required but will maximize your performance
Old 01-20-2014, 05:53 PM
Premium Member

I don't think Cj is banned....he should be along in a minute.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:45 AM

Once again, Please keep me posted! To me there is no replacement for displacement, but the LS2 or LS6 conversion is a bit out of the budget at the moment. If you green light this project please give all the juicy details of the blood, sweat and beer that goes into it!

I seem to find a bunch of chatter about forced induction on this little 2.2, but not much go ahead on it. If I keep my project once it is done, it is on the never ending list of things to do. I am curious how this turns out. I know it will need bigger fuel injectors, and bit of time on the dyno.

I used to sell Saturns when I was a kid, and wanted the 2.0 Ion Red Line soooooo bad. That little beast had balls for days! My only issue was I'm 6 foot 4, 200lbs, and had a bit more muscles to back than. I can only imagine those rocarro seats trying to fit my larger, much rounder butt now. Lucky for us the HHR has a bit more comfortable seating set up.

Quick Reply: Supercharging a 2.2