2.2L Performance Tech 16 valve 143 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque

Trifecta Tune soon..

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 01:06 PM

Vince is pretty good at getting things right, even though he's not sitting next to you. By the way, no tune is "spot on" as soon as the weather changes, close is as good as either one gets.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:06 PM

yeah thats right...I'd get a local guy to hook it up....So bottom line is what are you looking to do with it? Greybeard is right the weather does effect it..but I have m y tuner right there usually a call away....but any mod is not always perfect..But I say with the HP Tune you got your local tuner vs. having to wait on Tri-Fecta and the cord and whatever else happens....HP TUne the guy is right there in your city and he has his cord with him at all times...It's kinda like a local store or buying cross country stuff and having to wait on it and send it back and forth and back and forth and back and forth....repeat if necessary.....just my $.02 worth......anyone else wanna jump on this band wagon?
Old 04-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
Vince is pretty good at getting things right, even though he's not sitting next to you. By the way, no tune is "spot on" as soon as the weather changes, close is as good as either one gets.
Thats why i have a winter and a summer tune
Old 04-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
yeah thats right...I'd get a local guy to hook it up....So bottom line is what are you looking to do with it? Greybeard is right the weather does effect it..but I have m y tuner right there usually a call away....but any mod is not always perfect..But I say with the HP Tune you got your local tuner vs. having to wait on Tri-Fecta and the cord and whatever else happens....HP TUne the guy is right there in your city and he has his cord with him at all times...It's kinda like a local store or buying cross country stuff and having to wait on it and send it back and forth and back and forth and back and forth....repeat if necessary.....just my $.02 worth......anyone else wanna jump on this band wagon?
me me me me me me im all over this wagon Mr. Vader
Old 04-13-2011, 01:14 PM

Make it simple for ya.... , even though I am a HPTuner fanatic and tuner....

Unless you know a known good tuner for your E37 platform, just go with Trifecta. There's too many wannabe tooners out there with HPTuners that do NOT know what they are doing! And people that tune Hondas and such don't necessarily know these platforms and software. I've seen way too many of them! (Including a "respected" and unnamed forum sponsor here!). Each ECM can vary considerably among the GMs.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Banned

Bart, hit me with a PM on what u find bud.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
I have my Trifecta Tune cable with me at all times, come to my city....!! All I need is a VIN, and when you will be here!!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:08 PM
Premium Member

It's too cool for me Vince lives here I can go meet him at the dyno Think I'll go that way.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:39 PM

Several factors led me to Trifecta instead of HP...... I looked at both and priced them out. First of all is Vince knows what he's doing and as JoeR said, not all tuners do. Second, there's not going to be an HP guy in my town, so that means factor in the cost of gas driving to who knows where, racing around on unknown streets, acquiring a possible ticket in the process. Third I wanted to own my gear, Looking at it that way HP costs more than I paid for the Trifecta and I'm sitting here in my driveway without a clue as to what I should be doing with the HP software. Also with Trifecta I can re-flash back to stock if I need to without having to find "the guy" again and drive, again, to wherever he may be, etc.......

Another way to look at the cost I paid, because I own the gear, I don't have to get a separate code scanner, as my cable and the trifecta, hooked to my laptop will scan codes and remove them. So subtract the cost of a scan tool from that and Trifecta is looking very reasonable.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:44 AM
Banned

Mine will end up being tuned at the BBQ if I got through with this...

Quick Reply: Trifecta Tune soon..