2.2L Performance Tech 16 valve 143 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque

Walker Superflow Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Yeah but you wouldn't meet an emissions test and it's illegal to remove it on cars that came from the factory with it.
We don't have emission testing here and usually remove the cat when we install a race header. Although I'm not removing the cat from my HHR cause I like the quieting effect it provides.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Banned

Lucky. They just started sniff testing us at inspection a couple of years ago. Of course you don't need a cat if you have like a pre '74 vehicle.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:04 PM

I called around today to some local muffler shops for pricing. They quoted anywhere from $130.00 to $230.00 to install "any make of muffler"! A couple of them didn't even sound very interested when I mentioned performance mufflers. They said about all I'd get was more noise and droning inside the car and not much else for my money. Sort of knocked the wind out of my sails for now. Guess I'll have to check shops furthur from home!!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:06 PM

Your best bet is to order the IMCO T-924 Turbo online, have it shipped to you and get a local shop to weld it on.

Just sayin'...
Old 05-31-2006, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Your best bet is to order the IMCO T-924 Turbo online, have it shipped to you and get a local shop to weld it on.

Just sayin'...
YOU ARE SO RIGHT I HAD ONE PUT ON LAST WEEK AND MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE. ALSO USED THE STOCK TIP.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:17 PM

Talking muffs

i went back to the same shop and asked if the muffs were the imco t-924's as i wanted he said yes they just had a new # , thats all but said they would be just as the old ones , what to do ? i,m going to have him do one car and go from there i will post pics thur night to see if u hhr owners think they are the same or i got taking if so then its road rage time, if not the same he's fixing it , i,v had other work done from them and its allways work , lets hope for the best just a note parts and labor ,$75.00 using my orig tip as i do like it
Old 05-31-2006, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by wehave2hhrs
i went back to the same shop and asked if the muffs were the imco t-924's as i wanted he said yes they just had a new # , thats all but said they would be just as the old ones , what to do ? i,m going to have him do one car and go from there i will post pics thur night to see if u hhr owners think they are the same or i got taking if so then its road rage time, if not the same he's fixing it , i,v had other work done from them and its allways work , lets hope for the best just a note parts and labor ,$75.00 using my orig tip as i do like it
THATS A GOOD PRICE.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:25 PM

If you want to be sure, call Brent from IMCO. His number is 1-8---231-2390. Since he works for the company, he will know if you are getting a snow job.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:26 PM

The T-924 is a 5"9" oval can. I'd measure it before having it installed.

Here are the specifics:

Style: 5"x9" Oval Turbo
Inlet: 2 1/4" - Offset
Outlet: 2 1/4" - Center
Length: 16" Body, 22" Overall

Hope it helps,
Old 05-31-2006, 09:38 PM

muff

mike does the muffler have any stamped info on it as a part # somthing i could look for before i have it put in , or could it be just a generic muff that they sell as a imco? i hate maybe's its like the car body restorations i do u want a daily driver or a straight show car there is no inbetweens sorry back to muffs

Quick Reply: Walker Superflow Mufflers