2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 07:26 AM

Cold Air Intake

Don't mean to open up yet another thread on Cold Air Intakes but I had a quick question and am looking for a quick response. I can get a pretty good deal with the sales going on for the Airaid Cold Air Intake system. I have an Auto 2.4 powertrain. My question is are their any reliability issues that I need to be aware of? I live in Florida and it tends to get quite toasty some days especially during my commute. Does anyone know about any temperature control issues with this system? More specifically has anyone who living in a hot/humid climate such as Florida installed the Airaid and had any sort of issues? Thanks In Advance!
Old 12-03-2015, 02:26 PM

Not sure if you decided on this yet but I'm running the Airaid dry setup on mine. I live in Georgia where it's pretty warm and humid in the summers...had it on for over a year with no issues. Don't expect any gains from it...I bought mine mainly for looks and sound rather than performance.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by chefhhr
Not sure if you decided on this yet but I'm running the Airaid dry setup on mine. I live in Georgia where it's pretty warm and humid in the summers...had it on for over a year with no issues. Don't expect any gains from it...I bought mine mainly for looks and sound rather than performance.
Thank you for the input... I did go for it because I got the kit for only around 175 bucks. I don't expect gains but did read that some have seen increased mpg? Also, I am glad to hear you havent had issues. Makes me feel reassured in my purchase. Ever since I popped the hood I dreamed of getting rid of that clumsy airbox and tomorrow will be that day HA

How dramatic is the sound difference from stock? Did you disconnect the battery during your install?
Old 12-03-2015, 07:10 PM
Administrator

I would disconnect the battery and while you're at it, give the throttlebody a spritz of TB cleaner and the MAF sensor a shot of MAF cleaner, while you're in there .
I did this today installing a K&N FIPK kit , I'll wait till tomorrow's run to Hamilton to check for sounds and check the MPG over a month or so.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
I would disconnect the battery and while you're at it, give the throttlebody a spritz of TB cleaner and the MAF sensor a shot of MAF cleaner, while you're in there .
I did this today installing a K&N FIPK kit , I'll wait till tomorrow's run to Hamilton to check for sounds and check the MPG over a month or so.
Great advice! I just cleaned the throttle body a couple months ago due to the dreaded idle shudder issues; sprayed off the MAF a week ago because the rough idle issue was still there. Figured since a complete removal and relocation of the MAF is necessary in this setup, I will clean it once more for good measure.