2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

Flowsound

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 04:22 PM

Angry Flowsound

Anybody out there heard of Flowsound mufflers?

Shop was supposed to install Flowmaster 40, but later I found out that they used something known as Flowsound! I've never heard of them.

Before I cause the sh*t to hit the fan I'd like a little more ammo!

Last edited by GDZHHR; 05-02-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Deceased

http://www.flatlanderracing.com/fullboar_vtube.html

kind of tacky trying to switch you like that
Old 05-02-2006, 05:47 PM

Unhappy

Thanks CJ, I had already found that.

Not much online anywhere about them. NO company info that I can find.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:58 PM

I have never heard of that before. Sounds like some kind of cheap imatation for the legend super 40.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by yeshua63043

Anybody out there heard of Flowsound mufflers?

Shop was supposed to install Flowmaster 40, but later I found out that they used something known as Flowmaster! I've never heard of them.

Before I cause the sh*t to hit the fan I'd like a little more ammo!
Just found your "Flowsound" mufflers HERE.

They look very similar to FlowMasters and according to the reviews they are). Most Flowmaster types are "too much" muffler for the HHR. Meaning: they provide too much flow and not enough back pressure, as the HHR's ecotec likes to see more for peak operation. This type of muffler tends to make the HHR "fall on it's face."

But, even if they were the greatest thing since sliced bread - you will have to find the exact size/design/model that will perform properly on the HHR. This is not an easy task as most muffler manufacturers make hundreds of sizes/styles of mufflers. Just finding one with the proper pipe sizing and outlet location does not mean it will perform right on the HHR. It's all about flow rate and back pressure.

We've done the homework, and found a great performing, affordable muffler which compliments the HHR's ecotec engine. Power is increased and mileage too if you keep your foot out of it. I do not sell these mufflers. Just trying to provide helpful info for other HHR owners.

Ask anyone here who has tried one (several have)...the IMCO 924 works great! The back pressure that a Turbo style muffler provides is just what the doctor ordered for the HHR.

Hope it helps,
Old 05-02-2006, 07:19 PM

Exclamation the latest scoop

I had my wife fax me a copy of the reciept, I'm at work it was at home, and also read me the info off of the box that the muffler that the shop installed came in.

The muffler I wanted and was charged for---Flowmaster Super 40-$109.95

muffler that was installed (priced on-line, free shipping)- Flowsound # 82441-$39.95

I'm sorry, but I can pray all I want, this is wrong! A $60 over-charge!

I am trying to find a local outlet for a....wait for it Mike....IMCO 924.

The plan is to go back to the shop, tell them I want my money back and that I want them to install the new muffler, the IMCO 924 , for free.

I think that considering that they commited fraud I'm being pretty lenient.

Feedback would be appreciated!
Old 05-02-2006, 07:31 PM

Cool

Better Business Bureau- lay a complaint there. Take a print out of the website for the muffler you were given. See if there have been other complaints for this shop then if that's a yes, Attorney time!

Viola! Mufflers for life!
Old 05-02-2006, 07:33 PM

I think your letting them off too easy.
Are they a well known shop?
They should supply and install the muffler that you want for free and give you all your money back. Then again it could of been a mistake at the shop and they did not know it was the wrong muffler.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:45 PM

Some great ideas so far.

As often as I talked to the manager and the tech, there is no way there could have been a misunderstanding because all of us kept referring to it as a Flowmaster.

The BBB is a great idea, usually one of my firsts but it didn't occur to me.

And yeah they should be doing something free in addition to all of my money back, at the very least!

Oh yeah I forgot, they charged me $5 to get rid of parts that I took with me! Didn't notice until I looked at the receipt, but I took the original muffler home with me. That's how I got the box to the one that they put on.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:51 PM

Bbb

Just checked The BBB, 4 unresolved cases. What they consider "unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to one or more unresolved complaint(s)."

"BBB Definition:

unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the Bureau is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern of complaints, failed to honor their commitment to mediate or arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated decisions, failed to substantiate, modify or discontinue false advertising claims that are challenged by the BBB, or failed to discontinue unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo, a Federally protected trademark."

Oh and by the way, it was Car-X.