2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

Supercharged HHR

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by American & Proud
Just take a look back at things I have bought, and for how much, you'll then Know I like a Good Deal.

Thats where I got the idea,, you were like me never pay what they ask, especially when good business is so hard to come by lately
Old 05-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Rest In Peace

I just now got off the phone with the guy, he has it in a storage garage in the town 10 minutes away from me, but he is about an hour or so away. He is going to a swap meet tomorrow and will call me in the early afternoon (he thinks he'll be done at the motorcycle swap meet by then) and call me to meet him at the storage place, he said he has some other parts to pick up that he is selling to someone else.

I already explained that ZZP has a KIT and they only take off $250.00 if you already have the supercharger. And that it was Fresh and 100% ready to go.

He said we could work out something when we meet. So we shall see, I may or may not have a Blower in hand tomorrow.

I think he understood I meant I could get the one in the Kit for only $250.00 and its all ready to install, fresh and clean. So I Won't be buying for his asking price thats for sure. It's not out of line, but I can do better with the printed info I will bring along.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Premium Member

One can only hope that his other parts bin includes the rest of that you will need.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Rest In Peace

Sorry hhrfreek, did not mean to steal your thread here. But your BEAUTIFUL Install has lit my a** on fire here to DO this.

SS fan
He said he has the Motor and Trans still, but they are at his Sisters garage, He has sold a bunch of the car already, so we shall see. Sounds like he has placed parts with whomever will let him Keep them there. Now some may want their space back and he has to sell it off.

For me this won't be a get it all and install it yesterday thing, I am in No hurry, i'll buy a part at a time until I have everything the Kit has in it. Or I may just get the Kit, less the Blower.

And I am sure I will ask those that have completed the install what all else is Needed.

My Sons best buddy, his Dad owns a Auto shop and we all have started taking our cars to him, just this morning we picked up the wifes Venture the bearings and hub on the passengers side had just started making noise so he repaired that.

I mentioned the Supercharger install on my HHR as I was setting up for a Monday morning oil change on it and his eyes lit up, said he'd help and let me wrench but guide me along if needed. Were both the same age and he is pretty Cool, so I already have a Shop lined up and he'll work with me on it.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by ballplr
looks awesome. make video so we can hear it roar
Ha ok. I'll try to in the next few days.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by sleeper
Very Clean install. Looks better than factory..

Ever hit the dyno with it ?
Hello ??
Old 05-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Rest In Peace

Sleeper, he answered your Dyno question in his very first post here.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Platinum Member

A&P-

"wish I had dyno numbers to show you guys but I will honestly probably never pay for it. I think the 0-60s say a lot though".

Yes I read this, was hoping to see some numbers on a print out.. nome sain ?
Old 05-07-2011, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
A&P-

"wish I had dyno numbers to show you guys but I will honestly probably never pay for it. I think the 0-60s say a lot though".

Yes I read this, was hoping to see some numbers on a print out.. nome sain ?
Sorry I have no print out or documentation of this other than my scanning logs with hp tuners which uses my cars speedo to log. The HHR 5 speed will red line at 6850rpms and this allows you to hit about 57mph in second gear. The HHR has a shorter final drive than the Cobalts (4.17HHR 3.95ishCobalt). I raised the rev limiter to 7200 just to see how quick I could get the 0-60s with out the extra shift. Now I usually keep it at 6700 for reliability because I end up in the higher rpms a lot.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:09 AM

I hope thats not considered cheating

Quick Reply: Supercharged HHR