2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

Trifecta Performance Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 03:58 PM

Trifecta Performance Discussion

Post your Questions or discussion here.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:56 AM

I have a lot of questions regarding this. I've owned my HHR for about 2 months now. I already have a list of upgrades I'll get started on after the new year. I'm not much of a car guy(my first newish car worth a crap) so excuse me if some of these sound stupid. I have no problem working on a car or replacing parts, but electrical/software on cars scares the crap out of me.

1. How exactly do they program the tune? Do they take into account the standard setup or do they adjust for any updgrades done like air intake, header, exhaust, etc?

2. What exactly do they ship you and how do you install the tune?

3. My original warranty is out, but I have the two year gold warranty. What happens if I use this tune then have to take my car in for repair?

4. Sorry, left off the most important question. What gains am I looking at?

Thanks for the time. Btw, love this site and socal's site. Great how to's and other information.

P.S. POS FOB piece of junk!
Old 12-22-2009, 11:14 AM

Can these tunes be designed to work with a 2.4l with a custom turbo setup?
Old 12-22-2009, 04:52 PM

I have no problem working on a car or replacing parts, but electrical/software on cars scares the crap out of me.
No reason as we provide all the assistance you may need.

1. How exactly do they program the tune? Do they take into account the standard setup or do they adjust for any updgrades done like air intake, header, exhaust, etc?
A1. Your original tune is made custom using the items you have modded your HHR with, this will be your custom tune. You fill out a form with all the requested information, this comes to me, I review first then send the information to Trifecta. We keep on disk both files as a secondary backup for you.

A2. a. If you have a laptop or netbook, check out my loaner program. The tune can be emailed to you.
b. Simple instructions are sent to you, this instructs you on the programs and order to install to your computer.
c. When the cable arrives (Loaner Cable Program) or if you decide to purchase a cable your tune is ready to install using the information provided. Takes about 10 min for a standard (1) file and 20 minutes for an Automatic (2 Files)
d. Enjoy your tune. You have 10 days to record (Data Logging) and submit the logs to Trifecta

3. My original warranty is out, but I have the two year gold warranty. What happens if I use this tune then have to take my car in for repair?
A3. If you purchase a cable, you can swap the tunes as needed. Custom to Stock and Stock to custom.

A4. On the Deer Slayer, my HHR The HP is close to 20 on the 2.4 and my MPG increases in the spring to fall 2-4 MPG depending on my Trips I go on or stays the same from my "foot" control.

If you have other questions you can stop by my NEW http://www.chwtunecenterforum.com/portal.php The admission is free
Old 12-22-2009, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by tealtib03
Can these tunes be designed to work with a 2.4l with a custom turbo setup?
Yes, he has done several with excellent results.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:55 AM

Reliability

Is there any data on reduced reliability or increased wear due to HP/Torque boosts created by "Tunes"?
Old 06-04-2010, 07:08 AM

Several have the Trifecta Tune for over a year, I have had no issues from our tune itself.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:00 PM

I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes on but my main concern with my stock '07 2.4L auto, has to do with the throttle lag. When I mash the pedal I'd like the car to immediately do something...... anything? As it sits the computer gives me 2-5 seconds to change my mind..... Like it's saying "You didn't really mean to do that, did you?"

(I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that. Hal9000)

If, all I ever did for mods was this tune, would this problem be solved? Added HP, Torque, etc is all great but if I have to wait 5 seconds................
Old 06-04-2010, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by TomsHHR
I have no problem working on a car or replacing parts, but electrical/software on cars scares the crap out of me.
No reason as we provide all the assistance you may need.

A1. Your original tune is made custom using the items you have modded your HHR with, this will be your custom tune. You fill out a form with all the requested information, this comes to me, I review first then send the information to Trifecta. We keep on disk both files as a secondary backup for you.

A2. a. If you have a laptop or netbook, check out my loaner program. The tune can be emailed to you.
b. Simple instructions are sent to you, this instructs you on the programs and order to install to your computer.
c. When the cable arrives (Loaner Cable Program) or if you decide to purchase a cable your tune is ready to install using the information provided. Takes about 10 min for a standard (1) file and 20 minutes for an Automatic (2 Files)
d. Enjoy your tune. You have 10 days to record (Data Logging) and submit the logs to Trifecta

A3. If you purchase a cable, you can swap the tunes as needed. Custom to Stock and Stock to custom.

A4. On the Deer Slayer, my HHR The HP is close to 20 on the 2.4 and my MPG increases in the spring to fall 2-4 MPG depending on my Trips I go on or stays the same from my "foot" control.

If you have other questions you can stop by my NEW http://www.chwtunecenterforum.com/portal.php The admission is free
All sound good. What about cost (2.4 automatic). How much will I have to fork out from my cut of my band's show money I earn every weekend?
Old 06-05-2010, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes on but my main concern with my stock '07 2.4L auto, has to do with the throttle lag. When I mash the pedal I'd like the car to immediately do something...... anything? As it sits the computer gives me 2-5 seconds to change my mind..... Like it's saying "You didn't really mean to do that, did you?"

(I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that. Hal9000)

If, all I ever did for mods was this tune, would this problem be solved? Added HP, Torque, etc is all great but if I have to wait 5 seconds................

The lag can be removed, Mine has none. I sold one 2.2 tune at a run and another 2.2 wanted the lag removed from his.

Quick Reply: Trifecta Performance Discussion