Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   2.4L Performance Tech (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-4l-performance-tech-14/)
-   -   Trying to get my IMCO installed. (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-4l-performance-tech-14/trying-get-my-imco-installed-3940/)

ng8650 08-18-2006 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by trey1966
I am going to take mine the Richard's Performance Muffler in Vista and have them do it. At least I know they have done it before and can do it again without any issues. I order it last week and it should be at my doorstep when I get home today! WOOHOO

Hey, that's where I got mine! :thumb:

Ng

Navyflyer11 08-19-2006 12:33 AM

I found a place that would install it. They did it for me for $25 out the door. The guy was a "little fellow" real cool guy. If anyone in the OKC area needs muffler work it's Mikes muffler on SW 15 st. Just a bunch of good ole boys.
Thanks for the "how to" on Mike's site for the pics, they helped to get it installed right.:D

TX-HHR 08-19-2006 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Navyflyer11
I found a place that would install it. They did it for me for $25 out the door. The guy was a "little fellow" real cool guy. If anyone in the OKC area needs muffler work it's Mikes muffler on SW 15 st. Just a bunch of good ole boys.
Thanks for the "how to" on Mike's site for the pics, they helped to get it installed right.:D

25 is a great price! I was happy to have mine done for 45, you got a deal. :thumb:

cj krause 08-19-2006 08:35 AM

$25 is awesome
i am sure now that Navy be humming and he be bumpin along
:rof:

Alzonie 08-25-2006 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by dan-d
Well if your not going to use the T924 let me know since I still haven't gotten around to buying one yet. Just been too busy around here with house stuff. -Dan

:D Dan, in case you were wondering what I did about the T924 you were interested in :confused: Since the box was so beat up I was trying to figure an easy way out. I checked out the IMCO website and saw they had a "Distributor" in Mesa about 6 miles from where I live. So just on the chance they might be of some help I called. I told them about the hassle I was having trying to get it installed and asked if they might swap the T924 for a T909, which has 2 in. pipes. Luckily I talked to an understanding guy that said normally they don't deal directly with the public, but for $5.00 for their "paperwork", he'd swap for me.:thumb:
So anyway, I figured I could live with that and swapped this morning. Now I've got a T909 that should match up better with the 1 3/4 in. Ex. pipe on the LS. My only problem now is wrestling the HHR away from the Wife long enough to get it put on!!:roll:

dan-d 08-25-2006 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Alzonie
:D Dan, in case you were wondering what I did about the T924 you were interested in :confused: Since the box was so beat up I was trying to figure an easy way out. I checked out the IMCO website and saw they had a "Distributor" in Mesa about 6 miles from where I live. So just on the chance they might be of some help I called. I told them about the hassle I was having trying to get it installed and asked if they might swap the T924 for a T909, which has 2 in. pipes. Luckily I talked to an understanding guy that said normally they don't deal directly with the public, but for $5.00 for their "paperwork", he'd swap for me.:thumb:
So anyway, I figured I could live with that and swapped this morning. Now I've got a T909 that should match up better with the 1 3/4 in. Ex. pipe on the LS. My only problem now is wrestling the HHR away from the Wife long enough to get it put on!!:roll:

I'm glad you found a solution, please let us know how the 909 works out, and how it sounds. :thumb:

Alzonie 08-25-2006 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by dan-d
I'm glad you found a solution, please let us know how the 909 works out, and how it sounds. :thumb:

:smile: I had a T909 put on my '96 Altima a couple of weeks ago (Cost $40.00 to install) it sounds great! Has a nice purr, not much difference in the cabin area at all:thumb: And I don't know if it's wishful thinking or not, but it really does feel more responsive when you step on the gas!!:surprised
Like something has been freed up, kinda hard to explain.:roll: