Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

10000K HIDs installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 03:11 PM

Hey LAID how do you like you GTX. I had a GTP pushing over 300hp on 14 lbs of boost. One of the most fun daily drivers I have ever had.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:51 PM

I love it. It's not supercharged though. I don't drive it very much anymore and I miss it!
Old 01-07-2008, 05:19 PM

The "K" number used on HID systems has more to do with color than actual light output. The brightest and whitest light you can get is 4300-4500K. Which is what the current cars all use (BMW, Merc, GM, Mazda, etc and going higher up the scale only makes the light "bluer" and then more purple after that. For anyone getting an aftermarket HID kit even if it IS a plug-n-play kit the only benefit you are getting is the same has a blue headlight. Might as well save the $100+ you spent and buy some $20 ebay blue bulbs. Same light color. Same light on the road too especially with a 10,000K kit.

Sorry to be so negative but seeing people waste their money on things like this really irks me to no end. But to each their own I guess.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Just a question and my opinion.....

Why do people go to such extremes to mimic a REAL look? I mean 10,000K...come on. Having better illuminated vision is one thing, but increasing the normal output by almost 3 times is kind of extreme. It's really using a completely different principal (providing more brightness from a different spectrum, in place of "clear" light) than was intended for HID's.

I do like REAL engineered HID's however.

Again just my opinion.
why are you always so negative to everyone? I mean you are always putting others down because they do something different this is the reason why I left the other website because I always got tired of your comments cant you just let others do as thet wish to their vehicles whether you like it or not? SHEEZ give us a break...do you ever have a good comment? So just to add more salt to your wound snoopy I got HID's as well but I only paid $62.00 each for the 12 kits I got and mine are plug n play with wire harness adapters...Wheres that RED BARON when we need him?
Old 01-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
why are you always so negative to everyone? I mean you are always putting others down because they do something different this is the reason why I left the other website because I always got tired of your comments cant you just let others do as thet wish to their vehicles whether you like it or not? SHEEZ give us a break...do you ever have a good comment? So just to add more salt to your wound snoopy I got HID's as well but I only paid $62.00 each for the 12 kits I got and mine are plug n play with wire harness adapters...Wheres that RED BARON when we need him?
Well maybe if I keep it up, you will leave here also. "Always" is a subjective term. That seems a little extreme.

But honestly, I don't object to whatever anyone wishes to do to THEIR car....it's theirs...and they can do whatever makes them happy. My comment about the lights was ...just that....a comment. I did ask a question hoping for some answers to help me understand why people SOMETIMES do some really amazing things (IMO ). You know this is a forum and open to questions, comments and criticisms.

But, I'm glad you moved to this forum. It has more informed participation. People here recognize the difference between rocker panels and rocker arms, cross rails and roof rails, "running boards" and rocker panels, and generally can word a question or statement in a level above sixth grade (there are exceptions, however ), etc. etc.

But, let me understand this......You changed forums because OF ME. I didn't realize I projected that type of influence. Maybe I should run for President.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:00 PM

to add to my previous comment...

I realize that people don't have the parts, money, means, or "balls" such as I to cut on their own vehicle and in that way do not think everyone is going to have a correctly setup HID kit as mine. However, my comment was more towards the 10k K HID.. if you really cannot afford doing things the correct way.. please for love of baby jeebus... get something realistic and useable. Nearer to 4300-4500 and not the extreme blue/purple. Then you're just going for looks and not functionality.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:22 PM

Haha, please don't tell me about having the balls to cut on my car. Take a look at my other ride first. Like I said, I clicked a random auction, didn't pick 10k. Have 5k on my other car and like it just fine. And if you think an HID kit isn't any brighter than a $20 bulb off of Ebay then I don't know what else to say. Oh well, I enjoy MY lights on MY car and I guess that's what matters.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by 1Panel2NV
I plan on putting 1,000,000K lights in mine....
....you know, the light from a lighthouse....

Sorry couldn't resist.
Those should be visable from Mars.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:22 PM

I hate to get involved but since I sell lighting for a living, I have to shed some info. The whitest light is in the 4k to 5k range (k-kelvin). There are some industrial 10k and 12k lamps available that are used for the growth of coral in water. That's why the sea is so black on the bottom. Water is like a filter and takes a very high kelvin lamp to penetrate it to promote coral growth.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by 1Panel2NV
I plan on putting 1,000,000K lights in mine....
....you know, the light from a lighthouse....

Sorry couldn't resist.
Darn it, and I thought the landing lights I borrowed off that 747 was the hot ticket!

Quick Reply: 10000K HIDs installed