Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Accident!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 08:41 PM

If you turn in a claim, it may raise your premiums for years to come. If you can pay it yourself, that would be better, otherwise they'll jack you on premiums.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tsaints1115
If your car was parked wouldn`t that be under your comprehensive instead of collision?
well i am going to have to fight them. i actually have $750 deductible for collision and $500 for comprehensive. so i am looking at $750, but the cops said it was parked and we didnt witness it so it should be comprehensive. what do you guys think?

edit: i also have underinsured/uninsured collision for $250...from my understanding its covered under uninsured motorist coverage.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:28 PM

Don't you have a agent that you got the insurance from. Call him/her and ask what is the best way to go. Back when I had teen driver's my Agent was my best bet on what to pay for or the better way to go through the company. You might pay a little more but in the long run you save. Have had same agent for 26yr's and he has saved me $$$ in the long haul!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Banned

i have Farmers, my agent is out of town and had to use the phone agents to report the incident.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:14 PM

Did the parking lot have video cameras? Before paying anything, I'd check to see if you can find out who hit you. It's unbelievable that someone would do that much damage then leave.

Hope everything works out. I hate to see any HHRs with damage!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Banned

no video at work. i work in the hood and we dont have vid cameras or folks with insurance.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:40 PM

sorry to see and hear that quest, but belive me, I know how things are here in texas. some vijitos reversed into a malibu that i had just brought down from my wifes friend in houston. it was a freakin lancha. you know them old scholl LTDs. well i was in work and a customer came in and told me what happend. i feel your pain man!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:57 PM

Ok...here's the way it would work in Colorado. I worked for an American Family agent for 8 years and this is how our laws read here, and I'm sure it's the same in Texas.

UM/UIM coverage comes in two forms

UM/UIM BI is uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage. This covers injuries you might sustain in the event you are hit by an uninsured motorist, or someone who carries lower liability limits on their policy than you do on yours. This coverage can be rejected in many states.

UM/UIM PD is uninsured/underinsured is for auto repairs, a rental car, and damage to items carried in your car. There is an automatic $250 deductible. This means you must pay up to $250 of the repairs yourself.

However, in Colorado if you carry comp and collision, your vehicle is not eligible for this coverage as it is covered by the physical damage portion of your policy.

Generally speaking, UM or UIM coverage pays for only medical injury to the driver and passengers of the hit car.

The best thing to do is to call your insurance agent or your state insurance department and relate your concerns to them.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SIRESMERPH
sorry to see and hear that quest, but belive me, I know how things are here in texas. some vijitos reversed into a malibu that i had just brought down from my wifes friend in houston. it was a freakin lancha. you know them old scholl LTDs. well i was in work and a customer came in and told me what happend. i feel your pain man!
una lancha!...lol i havent heard that in a minute. i wish i would have busted the person who hit me it would have been a FTP moment. pues dale chine hermano y muchas gracias por los sentimientos

Originally Posted by courthousedeb

UM/UIM PD is uninsured/underinsured is for auto repairs, a rental car, and damage to items carried in your car. There is an automatic $250 deductible. This means you must pay up to $250 of the repairs yourself.

However, in Colorado if you carry comp and collision, your vehicle is not eligible for this coverage as it is covered by the physical damage portion of your policy.

Generally speaking, UM or UIM coverage pays for only medical injury to the driver and passengers of the hit car.

The best thing to do is to call your insurance agent or your state insurance department and relate your concerns to them.
i all four coverages. comp/collision, UM/UIM BI+PD
i was told by my sister-n-law who was a claims manager at USAA for 12 years that they would usually cover it under UM/UIM if their adjuster determined another vehicle did the damage. so we will wait and see if my regular agent is back on monday to answer my questions or throw me a hook-up. i just wanted to get an estimate from fellow HHR folks about the damage costs

BTW thanks everyone for your kind words and advice
i dont want this damage to cut into my Baggin money!
Old 11-17-2007, 05:38 AM

I'd fix the bodywork yourself. It's really not that hard. I get help from the guys at the auto paint supply store. The key is do you know how to use a sanding block? Your going to want to pull that metal back out and tap down the high spots with a body hammer then fill with body filler. Autobody work has it's tricks but it's really not that hard to do. I would says it would cost me about 150 to fix that myself because I know what things to use.

Quick Reply: Accident!