Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Any way to add Armrests to HHR SS 5spd?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 02:48 AM

Any way to add Armrests to HHR SS 5spd?

I was wondering, is there any way to add armrests to the 5 speed HHR SS? I know the autos came with armrests, but is there any way to add it to the 5 speeds? I just got the car, I can live without an armrest, but I would prefer not to.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:56 AM

There is an old thread in here,

somewhere. You can order the parts, and they are not cheap, through the dealer and install the arm-rests yourself. But, I believe that was done on the standard seat and not the Performance seat.
It is a pain to figure out what to do with your right arm while cruising.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:44 PM

to the site Jaxon! Here's the thread for SS armrest...

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...hlight=armrest
Old 07-06-2009, 05:21 PM

The link in the previous post brings you to a really good thead, but it is only if you want to add an armrest to the passenger seat. Although requested in many of the posts, the thread doesn't list the parts for the standard driver's seat.

You'll have to go to a dealer and search their mirco fische for the P/N's if you want one for the driver's side, but at least you know it's possible.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:53 PM

i did it on my SS seats.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:34 PM

Yes, I have the performance driver seat so I guess I won't be able to add one. Atleast I'm a small guy and can rest my arm somewhat on the bolster of the seat. I guess the passenger just has to deal with nothing LOL.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:26 PM

Talking $ 25.00 armrest - consule

Bought this small consule from autozone $25.00, took off the cheesy vinyl and applied a piece of left over leather from a job i did, Install time was about 5 min. Works great , looks good, and most people think it's stock.
Attached Images     
Old 07-08-2009, 06:38 PM

Wow thats actually alot better than what I was looking for. I don't really like the fold down armrests that much, just wanted some sorta armrest. How did you mount it?
Old 07-08-2009, 07:42 PM

It comes with an adjustable bracket that gets screwed into the sides of the original counsul, the bracket is barly visable as it is between the seats.
I looked at a few differant armrests, this was the only one i found that would fit in the small area between the seats. Eventually i will replace the top leather with the same ultrasuade as the seats , And the bottom will be black leather. It is a nice cheap mod and offers a lot more room for your arm than what you'll be geting from Chevy. My last 4 rides all had a center armrest, As i was test driving my SS i was planing on some sort of armrest, This turned out just right.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:27 PM

Not sure what the problem is with the SS model, but my LT AA5 with 5-speed has arm rests for both driver and passenger seats. The problem is that the driver armrest is so narrow and close to the drivers' body, it feels awkward when using it. However, the passenger feels a lot more comfortable, so I just use the passenger, and leave the driver's in the up position.

Having said all that, IF i didn't have any armrests, I sure would go with the mod of ScreaminBlkSS. That is major cool!

Quick Reply: Any way to add Armrests to HHR SS 5spd?