Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Blue LED's in Door Buttons (revised)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:32 PM

Ok, I'll get a how to up...give me a day or two to tear everything apart AGAIN and take some pictures. It's funny I could do it in my sleep I've done it so much...lol...

To change the screen color use the same blue sharpie and color the glass(like seen in the pic), but you have to do it fast and straight or it starts to dry and you will have to do it all over....

Re: Nitrous Kit.....I'll help hook it up Anytime It's a real easy install if you use the ZEX system.....Did you get the kit?.... We should have a "mod" meet.....Beer's and Nitrous...could get interesting...lol
Old 10-14-2007, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by mizzouHHR
One thing I've noticed in all these dash pics are the DIC is off (or I've jsut missed it). Can you change the DIC to blue also?
Yes the DIC is blue.....Let me see if I have a pic.....BRB

here..............
Name:  100_2040.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  26.6 KB
Old 10-14-2007, 09:42 PM

RUDEINC thanks for the pic. I thought I may be wrong on that, but I don't remember seeing a pic. Thanks for clearing it up. Looks great.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:49 PM

RUDEINC thanks for the pic. I thought I may be wrong on that, but I don't remember seeing a pic. Thanks for clearing it up. Looks great.
No Problem....I know most of the pics I've taken don't have anything in the DIC, It's because I just get in the car and turn the lights on...lol....So you gonna give it a try?
Old 10-14-2007, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by RUDEINC
No Problem....I know most of the pics I've taken don't have anything in the DIC, It's because I just get in the car and turn the lights on...lol....So you gonna give it a try?
I'm thinking about it. The radio still scares me the most.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:56 PM

I'm gonna do the gauges and the dic but I think I'm gonna go with a different color scheme. Thinking of maybe making a new cluster cover too. I see..............flames, yeah, that's it, flames!
Old 10-14-2007, 10:00 PM

I'm thinking about it. The radio still scares me the most.
I would do a how to on that too, but I really don't want to sail that ship again...lol.....It's not that it's real hard,you just have to be really, really, careful....But on the other hand if you screw it up, you could get a better head unit that already has blue lights.....
Old 10-14-2007, 10:06 PM

Re: Nitrous Kit.....I'll help hook it up Anytime It's a real easy install if you use the ZEX system.....Did you get the kit?.... We should have a "mod" meet.....Beer's and Nitrous...could get interesting...lol
I'm thinking of getting it for myself for my birthday which just happens to be coming up; 11/20!

Would you mind, when you get a chance, PMing me a list of what I'd need to get for the install.

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2007, 10:08 PM

Would be fun but guess you haven't seen the cobalt nitrous mishap. Nitrous in the wrong hands can be bad. Thats why I say no to nitrous but to beer and mods
Old 10-14-2007, 10:08 PM

[QUOTE=GDZHHR;204380]
Originally Posted by ballplr
I don't think this is how you remove the cluster. The radio maybe, but I've had that out and am in no hurry to tackle all those switches. But I do have something in mind for the instrament cluster if I can get it out. Might even need to pick up a spare, just in case!
Mike, Don't bother getting another cluster....I bought my backup cluster cause I was told that the mileage would automatically adjust cause it was stored in the computer or somewhere....Well it doesn't...so without sending it out to be reprogrammed (if it can be) it's useless....I'm sure it's to deter people who want to alter their mileage....Although everything else does work, the mileage just wont tally.....regards....

Quick Reply: Blue LED's in Door Buttons (revised)