Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Chevy HHR Projector Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 03:21 PM

I had my lights done at buyhids.com and the results were not impressive. Poor paint quality, dust inside, silica gel bags inside, etc...

There is another vendor on css that I'm looking into. Their work looks like it's much better quality. And the time frames are reasonable. Around one week, compared to a month and a half from buyhids.com.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:03 AM

I requested a response

Originally Posted by 1Panel2NV
I had my lights done at buyhids.com and the results were not impressive. Poor paint quality, dust inside, silica gel bags inside, etc....
I sent this to the buyhids.com owner to give him a chance to respond, and received the following:

Im [sic] not going to respond to that, When people send me used filthly [sic] lights, im not going to clean them. If they cant take the time to make them somewhat clean im not going to bother. I build way to [sic] many lights to be cleaning others as well. Our brand new lights are just that, brand new and are opened only when the projectors are ready to install. They are apart maybe 20 mins. Not enough time for dust to collect. Also, silcon [sic] packets..like anything else that is shipped in a box are in the headlights to help keep moisture out. His was just jolted in shipping and came loose. Nothing a quick shake cant fix :). We have made 50+ lights. 1 or 2 bad apples. And its business, there will be 1 or 2 that nit pick everything.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Banned

What a jerk.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:57 PM

The lights I sent him were new...and I sent him pictures of the lights when I got them...so he already knew, but thanks.

I had him make a steering wheel gauge pod afterward.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Doctuh
I sent this to the buyhids.com owner to give him a chance to respond, and received the following:

Im [sic] not going to respond to that, When people send me used filthly [sic] lights, im not going to clean them. If they cant take the time to make them somewhat clean im not going to bother. I build way to [sic] many lights to be cleaning others as well. Our brand new lights are just that, brand new and are opened only when the projectors are ready to install. They are apart maybe 20 mins. Not enough time for dust to collect. Also, silcon [sic] packets..like anything else that is shipped in a box are in the headlights to help keep moisture out. His was just jolted in shipping and came loose. Nothing a quick shake cant fix :). We have made 50+ lights. 1 or 2 bad apples. And its business, there will be 1 or 2 that nit pick everything.
That does not sound very professional to me. when somebody brings me a computer to fix..I always give it back sparkling clean, inside and out. I take pride in my work and want people to see that I do. He should learn that "not going to bother" leaves a bad impression and will soon put him out of business.
Just sayin here....
Old 11-24-2010, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by ebritt
That does not sound very professional to me. when somebody brings me a computer to fix..I always give it back sparkling clean, inside and out. I take pride in my work and want people to see that I do. He should learn that "not going to bother" leaves a bad impression and will soon put him out of business.
Just sayin here....
I totally agree. Wow, you've done 50 light assemblies, damn that sounds busy to me! So busy that you don't have time to clean a customer's assembly, then (more or less) talk crap when someone questions you

I've dealt with these types of companies in the past, and every one of them is no longer in business. (Cue evil laughter)
Old 01-20-2011, 06:23 PM

I did mine my self. I took 4 weeks to get the whole project complete, but its done.

The HID is 6000K and I got the projectors from a friend. You cant see the blinkers, but they are LED too.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:27 PM
Premium Member

Heres the ones I am gettin http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Projector-B...ctor_sku80.htm

or http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/ser...ETROFIT/Detail

Last edited by SS fan; 01-20-2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: add
Old 01-21-2011, 08:09 AM

Love double's. WOW

SS fan... those look nice but damn what an install.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:05 AM

Good luck!

It's all there with what you are buying. However, the guy who was making up a set for me started with a kit like this and destroyed a headlight assembly, gave up, and refunded me in full. At least he was ethical about that. I hope you are more successful than he was.

Quick Reply: Chevy HHR Projector Headlights