Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Clear Front Side Marker lanses?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by tomw
The guy is in Taiwan........I will wait and see what you think!
Somewhere in the Auction I read Walnut, CA ? Wherever they Come From it is a Mod that I have even considered doing myself! I already orderd the Fall Edition Headlights and plan on doing away with "ALL" Amber Bulbs ! Chrome Extreme Whites will be Installed behind the Side Markers and Standard PIAA Extreme Whites in the Headlights and Turn Signals :twothumbs! New Color Matched Front Grill, Color Matched Lower Bumper Insert & On & On & On! When Does the Madness Stop ?

Kevin and Bonnie Drake / DLVRNIT / NorCal HHR Club Members
Old 11-24-2008, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by DLVRNIT
Somewhere in the Auction I read Walnut, CA ? Wherever they Come From it is a Mod that I have even considered doing myself! I already orderd the Fall Edition Headlights and plan on doing away with "ALL" Amber Bulbs ! Chrome Extreme Whites will be Installed behind the Side Markers and Standard PIAA Extreme Whites in the Headlights and Turn Signals :twothumbs! New Color Matched Front Grill, Color Matched Lower Bumper Insert & On & On & On! When Does the Madness Stop ?

Wanna sell your headlights that you have now??
Old 11-25-2008, 07:59 AM

I already orderd the Fall Edition Headlights and plan on doing away with "ALL" Amber Bulbs !
How much did these run you? I think I'd like to look into that as well....

but, I just looked at some pics...is the amber plastic still in the fall edition headlights? What's the difference? Is the front plastic just smoked a bit?
Old 11-25-2008, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by djmoose
How much did these run you? I think I'd like to look into that as well.... but, I just looked at some pics...is the amber plastic still in the fall edition headlights? What's the difference? Is the front plastic just smoked a bit?
I Did alot of research on these and here's what I know FWIW! The Fall Limited Edition Headlights are void of the Amber Disc! Some pictures the Amber Bulb makes a reflection as to appear there is a Disc Inside! I believe the Lenses are Clear and Not Smoked (Don't Quote Me on This)! I Do Have a VIN # to a Fall Edition HHR which makes Ordering easier if anyone needs (pm me)! Go to: https://www.partszoneonline.com/search.php, Call and ask for Bill SR. He is who helped me and will probably remember our transaction! Cost per light is around: $150.00 per Light (Not Cheap)!

Good Luck,

Old 11-25-2008, 08:52 AM

I had a FLE and there is orange in the lense.

But the lense is slightly tinted, see the GM description.

It is very hard to see unless you put the standard one right next to it.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:13 AM

Thanks for the Info :twothumbs! So the Lenses are Smoked ! I Guess the Headlights are a Crap Shoot then because the Two HHR's we have in our Club have Orange Bulbs Only and No Amber Lense or Disc ! I'll Keep My Fingers Crossed !

Will It Ever End ?

Old 11-25-2008, 10:41 AM

Walnut, CA is a "bedroom" community in Eastern L.A. County, between Pomona and the City of Industry.. Residential with some manufacturing.. Between the 60/57/210/10 freeways.. middle-to-upper income.. near Cal Poly Pomona... fyi...
Old 11-25-2008, 10:53 AM

Hey Sarge, aka Greg,

My Payment refered to San Bernadino ? How's that SS Doing You ? You and Your Family Have a Happy Thanksgiving !

Old 11-25-2008, 10:55 AM

Thanks for the Info :twothumbs! So the Lenses are Smoked ! I Guess the Headlights are a Crap Shoot then because the Two HHR's we have in our Club have Orange Bulbs Only and No Amber Lense or Disc ! I'll Keep My Fingers Crossed !

Will It Ever End ?

Maybe I should have said that you can SEE orange in the lense. My photo of my FLE clearly shows orange, BUT, it may be from reflection of the bulb. If you look at the photo in the description, the orange looks much more prominent than in my photo. You may be correct that it doesn't have any added orange, just reflection??
Old 11-25-2008, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by esmarkey
Maybe I should have said that you can SEE orange in the lense. My photo of my FLE clearly shows orange, BUT, it may be from reflection of the bulb. If you look at the photo in the description, the orange looks much more prominent than in my photo. You may be correct that it doesn't have any added orange, just reflection??
it's possible they are just reflection, but i thought it was only the Premier Editions that had the amber-free headlights. again, could be wrong.

Quick Reply: Clear Front Side Marker lanses?