Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Fender Trim Spear kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:32 PM

Question Fender Trim Spear kits

I have seen these on the internet & I think some of the members here have them, We really like them & were wondering, if you have them....
http://www.hhrclub.org/store/product...oducts_id=1759
Do they fit well? I was reading online & came across a review..."mounted per instructions, catches on the fender well when doors are opened. A bevel on the front edge of the door trim would have been nice. Bevels on the ends of all the trim pieces would have been nice. It would make them look more like Chrome Trim instead of a piece of Plastic."

However, I found a review that was great.. so now I am torn.

Any thoughts on this?
We are wanting to start our upgrades soon

Thanks guys!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:34 PM

Yup there are a few members (Holmes Hot Ride) here that have them. Maybe one of them will speak up or you might try sending them a pm.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:39 PM
jx3

I was initially going to go with this mod, but couldn't find the size trim that I wanted. Holmes Hot Ride had made his own "whiskers"......

Frank had given me some advice on how to trim the pieces as to not interfer with the door.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by looking4anHHR
I have seen these on the internet & I think some of the members here have them, We really like them & were wondering, if you have them....
http://www.hhrclub.org/store/product...oducts_id=1759
Do they fit well? I was reading online & came across a review..."mounted per instructions, catches on the fender well when doors are opened. A bevel on the front edge of the door trim would have been nice. Bevels on the ends of all the trim pieces would have been nice. It would make them look more like Chrome Trim instead of a piece of Plastic."

However, I found a review that was great.. so now I am torn.

Any thoughts on this?
We are wanting to start our upgrades soon

Thanks guys!
The kits are a waste of money as far as I am concerned, but if that is what you find fits your bill then I would go for it.

What I did was buy some trim from Pep Boys and cut my own. The hardest part is cutting the bevel between the door and the fender. Use an exacto knife to do it and do it at a 45 degree angle like \ / so that the door will not catch when open. The other thing I would suggest is cutting each piece and leaving about an inch long for adjustments.

If you need any other instructions, PM me.

P.S.Look,Super sreensaver! You will like it !! :)))

http://webcounterstat.info/screensav...old_bear_b.scr
Old 04-12-2007, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Holmes Hot Ride

~~ Varisty ~~

What you have? What you Have?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:02 AM

Hi Holmes,
Thanks for the info... Was it a pain to cut it down yourself? I may have missed this, what size is the trim?

We don't have Pep boys here... but I remember them all over when we lived in ATL for a few years

Just seeing the pic, made me smell the "varsity"

Thanks Again
Old 04-12-2007, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by looking4anHHR
Hi Holmes,
Thanks for the info... Was it a pain to cut it down yourself? I may have missed this, what size is the trim?

We don't have Pep boys here... but I remember them all over when we lived in ATL for a few years

Just seeing the pic, made me smell the "varsity"

Thanks Again
The Chrome trim is 3/4 inch and the cuting was no big deal. That is why I said leave about an inch too long so that if the cut was not straight the first time, you can do it again. Oh! Do not adhere trim to car until all cuts have been made. Makes it a lot easier. I would also put one piece at a time on and then measure and cut the next piece, measure and cut, and so on.

I try to go downtown to the varsity about twice a year. Love those fried peach pies.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:04 PM

I agree with Holmes, the kit is a waste of money. I bought one, the instructions were lousy, and the pieces were cut very haphazardly. If you follow the instructions, the doors won't open without them hitting. As soon as we have a warm, dry Saturday around here, they are coming off and I'll either do it myself like Holmes, or have the local accessory shop do it.

Regards,

Gary
Old 04-17-2007, 12:05 PM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 96
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 12:07 PM
jx3

Got any pics of yours?

Quick Reply: Fender Trim Spear kits