Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

a few pics of my Katzkins leather

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 01:23 AM

Cool a few pics of my Katzkins leather

I've got a bunch of pics and have been meaning to get them up, including close ups of the locking tabs on the plastics and stuff that needs to be removed. Was working on a writeup, didn't save for a while, lost power, wtf hope to get a more detailed thread soon.

I have some wrinkles in the shoulder areas on the fronts. I did the passenger first, and spent hours trying to get them out. Looking at other pics of HHR katzkin installs it appears this is normal from the pros too.

My driver seat on the right arm shoulder is by far the worse. I have come to the conclusion that the foam is worn... 5-speed with 25k! Prob should have added foam to all the shoulders.

Note the pics make it look worse than real life, and I think they have gotten better in the last couple days on the car. Hopefully once it get hot and sunny they will shrink right up.

Also need to finish my backseat. I gave up on one cushion for a while, just wasn't lining up and had bad wrinkles (rest of back is near perfect)

Name:  katzkinsnewinstall1.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  52.6 KB

Name:  katzkinsnewinstall2.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  57.3 KB

Name:  katzkinsnewinstall3.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  59.9 KB

anyone else do this yet???
Name:  backseatlatchkobskull.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  45.1 KB

treasure found under the back seat along with 35 cents
Name:  treasurefromundertheseat.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  42.4 KB
Old 04-02-2008, 03:03 AM

Wow Blaq your ride is beautiful inside! Looks like one of those touched up blaq and white photos that they add just one color to.
Very Nice!
Old 04-02-2008, 05:51 AM

So what exactly did you order color wise and feature wise?

I noticed some of the packages have vinyl for the non seating surfaces. What did you get?
Old 04-02-2008, 07:04 AM

Very nice looking! I am considering a leather kit from Katzkin. What did they cost? How long did it take to get them after you ordered them?

Steve
Old 04-02-2008, 07:08 AM
Banned

Most upholstery shops have steamers that help them shape the leather over the cushions as they're installing the covers. That's the kind of difference that makes it worth the coin to get a pro on the job.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:06 AM

Damn I really like those A lot
Old 04-02-2008, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by R CA HHR
Wow Blaq your ride is beautiful inside! Looks like one of those touched up blaq and white photos that they add just one color to.
Very Nice!
Thank you

Originally Posted by dvoffroad
So what exactly did you order color wise and feature wise?

I noticed some of the packages have vinyl for the non seating surfaces. What did you get?
They are Dark Graphite with Silver perforated inserts. The pics didn't pick up the silver very well. It seems to match well with the factory silver trim, and IMHO helps tie in the light headliner and pillars.

I went with the least expensive leather, the Deluxe I think it is. The front seating surfaces are all leather, as are the fronts of the front headrests and a strip of the armrests. The rear seats are mostly vinyl, with only the insert (silver area) being leather. I don't sit back there anyway

Originally Posted by fastsuv
Very nice looking! I am considering a leather kit from Katzkin. What did they cost? How long did it take to get them after you ordered them?

Steve
I got from promotiontuning, took about a week and that was with "express" shipping for 75. They first told me 45 for shipping, but then I learned that they had to ship from CA to PA first then to me... was like 700 all together.

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
Most upholstery shops have steamers that help them shape the leather over the cushions as they're installing the covers. That's the kind of difference that makes it worth the coin to get a pro on the job.
Know of any DIY solutions? Tea kettle? lol

Hopefully when the hot steamy chicago summer gets here it will have the same effect

Originally Posted by chadpuska
Damn I really like those A lot
bet yours would look great with leather... looks like you already spent a good chunk of change on mods in the last week tho?
Old 04-02-2008, 05:38 PM

Looks great. Katzkins is a quality product
Old 04-02-2008, 07:41 PM

your underseat treasure was much nicer than the mold, and raisins I found under my back seat.

your covers came out great....
Old 04-02-2008, 07:47 PM

Katzkins fit real nice. My son installed them in his truck. Your interior came out great! Nice color scheme.......except for the pack of Pall Malls....

Quick Reply: a few pics of my Katzkins leather