Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Got my Bumper Protector

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 12:08 PM

Got my Bumper Protector

Got my GM Accessories rear bumper top protector today. The material is a hard plastic, not rubber as I expected. I believe this will work out just fine. No more scratches for my bumper!
I dry-fit it just to see what it looked like. Looks good!
Old 06-19-2009, 12:53 PM

IMHO the protector still doesn't cover enough of the top surface of the bumper to be truly effective. All my scratches are outside of the area that the protector covers. Still I guess it's better than nothing. Now if the aftermaket could develop one that offered more coverage.........
Old 06-19-2009, 12:59 PM

Ours offered little protection since it is so close to the hatch, no protection for the area where things actually hit when loading and unloading.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:12 AM

I have to agree

That's the most inefficient back bumper protector. I have to agree with all of you, it protects "nothing". It should cover the whole top area and have a slight lip to extend over the outer bumper area. Maybe "Weathertech" should look at this item and redesign a worthwhile rear bumper protector!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 01:29 AM

Mine works quite well. It does stop most of the marks I was getting.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Thylacine
Mine works quite well. It does stop most of the marks I was getting.
It might work "quite well" as you say, however; the protector DOES NOT protect the whole top area as protector should. It is a poorly designed product. I also have one that I installed on my 2009 HHR and the minute it arrived, I knew I had purchased a poorly designed "rear bumper protector". I now have an old thick towell that I throw over the bumper area when I load my three wheel walker and/or my mobility scooter
At least it looks good to admirers of my Silver HHRLT2.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:05 AM
Premium Member

I use this in addition to the protecter folds neatly out of the way under the mat.

http://www.organizeyourride.com/site/990177/page/910367
Old 06-21-2009, 11:43 AM
JB1

wow thats kinda neat.

I started to get that HHR bumper piece, but mine too is scrathed beyond what that protects. I try to tell my wife to be more careful but its still happens.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:50 AM

Checked it out...looks like a good reliable product. Will order one for my HHR to replace the "old thick towell" that I now use for the same purpose. I might a well go "first class".

Thanks for the tip.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:10 AM

After installing my bumper protector I've been eyeballing every other vehicle's bumpers. Some of them are about the same protection as the HHR but most are much better than the HHR. For example the Subaru Forester has a real nice protector piece that covers nearly the entire top. I could get one of those, but then it says "Subaru" in big letters across the top. Can't have that on my HHR now can I? IMHO this piece (or something larger) should've been on there from the factory.

Quick Reply: Got my Bumper Protector