Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Has anyone else done this yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Banned

Question Has anyone else done this yet?

Name:  thegirls001.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  117.0 KB

Cheap, easy, and good looking! If only my HHR wasn't so dirty. It has been raining around here alot lately.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:08 PM

How did you you do that?
Old 11-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Banned

Its a vinyl decal just like you would use on the outside of a vehice but it was installed from inside the glass. Its real easy. All you have to do is remove your third break light assy. and apply the vinyl. To properly do it like you would on the outside. First clean the area with rubbing alcohol. Next you would spray the area down with either vinyl application fluid or water mixed with a little dish soap as a wetting agent. Next you would peel the backing off the sticky side and properly align the decal. Then you would take a hard card and work out the air and fluid. Leave it to dry for a while and remove the application tape and your done. Its realy not as hard as it sounds. I have done whole cars. You could always take the easy way out and try to just stick it to the inside of the glass kind of like putting on a bumper sticker but your bound to get air bubbles. It would probably look like a car you see rolling around with a bad tint job where there a bubbles trapped on the inside. I wish I would have though about it while doing it because I would have taken pictures and posted a how to. Sorry, my bad.
You can find them on ebay for under $10 including shipping. Or if you have a tint and vinyl shop around you they could make you one with no problem.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:57 PM

"You can find them on ebay for under $10 including shipping."

Well, I certainly haven't seen any?

Where can you get these HHR decals??
This looks like a very cool and simple mod - I'd like to do it also.

-Mike
Old 11-02-2005, 06:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
"You can find them on ebay for under $10 including shipping."

Well, I certainly haven't seen any?

Where can you get these HHR decals??
This looks like a very cool and simple mod - I'd like to do it also.

-Mike
The seller id of the guy I bought mine off of was mmvinlygraphics. Hopefully that helps.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:16 AM

not that they dont look good, but i think they look a little ricey. just promise me youll stop there with the stickers ;-)
Old 11-02-2005, 07:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Phantom06HHR
not that they dont look good, but i think they look a little ricey. just promise me youll stop there with the stickers ;-)
Just wait untill you see my 5 foot high aluminum spoiler or the green carbon fiber vinyl dragons I'm going stick all over it. LOL! Its very tastefully done from the inside of the vehicle. I had on on my Mustang also. Almost every custom truck I see in my area has something covering the third break light so the light up with a bowtie or ram or whatever. I haven't seen even one on any of the ricers around here. They are to busy putting on distateful vinly, stupid cookie cutter body kits, and figuring out how to put 22s on a car thats meant to have 13s.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:35 AM

I think its very tastefull. Nothing too tacky at all.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Just wait untill you see my 5 foot high aluminum spoiler or the green carbon fiber vinyl dragons I'm going stick all over it. LOL! Its very tastefully done from the inside of the vehicle. I had on on my Mustang also. Almost every custom truck I see in my area has something covering the third break light so the light up with a bowtie or ram or whatever. I haven't seen even one on any of the ricers around here. They are to busy putting on distateful vinly, stupid cookie cutter body kits, and figuring out how to put 22s on a car thats meant to have 13s.
Can you post pictures of your mustang? I would love to see a Photostop crop of your old car and your new car
Old 11-02-2005, 09:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SIHHR
Can you post pictures of your mustang? I would love to see a Photostop crop of your old car and your new car
I could try and dig up an old photo of it and scan it. I know should have some pictures around from when I put my stripes on. I was putting together a how to on vinyl graphics instalation that never came about. I'm thinking of ghost flames for my HHR but I haven't decided vinyl or paint. Of course paint will look beter. Maybe vinyl for now because its cheap and easy and then paint when summer rolls around. I'll try to find a pic when I get home. If I decide vinyl I'll follow through with my how to. It will be easier now that I have a digital camera and know how to post pics.