Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Now, which to use....

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Solman-

I remember when you got that. I was hoping they had another back then.. LOL

the billet looks good. If the 3M tape is too thick, remove it & add a bead of silicone, & press down firmly.. That will hold it fine & be thinner than 3M.

Also unless you clear coated the billet, (as U know) it will require a polish now & again..

Looking good !!!

Good thing about your choice is, if it ever gets scuffed, you can cut-n-buff it back to new looking..
I'm going to give it a bit to see if it's scuffing the edge of the gate at all. If it is, I'll reattach without the 3M.

I had the old style polished aluminum wheels on my truck, I'm way to familier with having to polish them. At least this is flat....
Old 03-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Platinum Member

Cool, & the piece looks Good !!!
Old 03-19-2012, 02:20 PM

Dibs on the CF one if you sell it. :)

The Billet piece looks great.

Originally Posted by solman98
Well. went ahead and installed the billet piece. This thing is thick, 3/8". It barely clears the hatch. It's actually touching just a hair. WIll have to keep and eye on it. I may have to remove the 3M tape I installed with and just glue directly to the cover. But here it is.

I installed some 1/8" chrome trim to the edge to clean that up some.

I took my time taking the CF one off so it wouldn't get damaged. I still need to clean it up and will probably sell it unless the thickness of the billet piece proves to be an issue.