Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Over Accessorize!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
The two spoilers don`t compare. They don`t even mount the same.
The spoiler on the HHR is a cosmetic add on, no function, you would have to exceed the vehicles speed for it to work, and it`s a front wheel drive, which further indicates it has no function.
If it worked, it would actually be taking weight off the front by creating downforce on the rear.
Well, I guess we're at that point where we must agree to disagree. I believe it's an addition to a HHR that can serve a purpose other than cosmetic. You don't. So let's just leave it at that

Last edited by 07WhiteHHR2LT; 04-08-2007 at 09:49 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-08-2007, 09:48 PM

to end it, it can go either way, you can try to go fast and make it work, or go to a local car show and looks good.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Banned

The thing I really hate about a lot of the "overcooked", badge-wearing, Ventvisor-equipped cars on this site is how their owners think they look more like a hot rod with all the stickers and badges on them. True hot rods are all about simplicity and elegance of design.

I remember getting into an argument with a guy on another forum (who's now been banned from several forums) about just going through the JC Whitney catalog and throwing whatever random stick-ons he could find on the car. His car was/is starting to look like a freakin' clown car at that point.

I can understand people who smoke wanting Ventvisors, even though they're such an ugly abortion on the HHR, I'd quit smoking before I put something that ugly on my car. I can also understand people wanting running boards if they really need them. But what I can't understand is people not wanting and demanding a little more quality in the accessories they're throwing at their cars. All of the woody kits I've seen look god-awful and more like a 1982 Chrysler K-car wagon with the wood decal sides than a genuine woody. Most of the dash kits leave much to be desired in the way they wrap around the vents on the waterfall, too. And don't get me started on the various stick-on plastic chrome trim available from various vendors on the web.

My friends, where's the billet? The kustom paint? The kickin' stereos and smokin' engines? The shaved door handles? The canvas roofs? The rollpans? The non-cheesy grills? The frenched tail lights and phantom headlights?
Old 04-09-2007, 06:02 AM

When I see a post like this, I know without even looking, there`s no pix of the persons ride to show his/her vision of their HHR.
Just want to bad mouth others, talk about what some car in their past was or did, but nothing really to add to the HHR forum.
Some even have HHR in their username and don`t even have one...
Old 04-09-2007, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
Is there a difference between modifications and accessorizing?

I would compare it to as a boob job being the modification, with the piercing and bikini top being the accessories.
you totally just took my mind off of HHRs...
Old 04-09-2007, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by teech
you totally just took my mind off of HHRs...
:
Old 04-09-2007, 10:16 AM

I think Iread the first post differently than every one else. To me it was about asking for imput on things and not wanting real feelings. I do think that everyone doing their own thing is great, but don't like a lot of it and feel that many would not like what I have done to mine. But if I do post a "what do you think?" I would like to hear the good, bad and ulgy. If you ask a question than expect opinions that will be different than yours, that what it is all about. My old boss always said If you don't want to hear the answer don't ask the question. Done with my rant and now I feel better.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by caddytruck
Just a rant of mine. My concern is not being able to respond to posts honestly. I keep reading the "what do you think" posts, and biting my tongue (fingers actually). Why do people (actual members here) You know who you are!! Put everthing possibly made on there cars? Such as, Ventvisors, running board trim, hhr decals everywhere, ugly grills, chrome wheelwell trim, anything with 3M tape!!! Hood scoops, side scoops etc.. oh yeah replace your wheels with some cheap 15" rims that are on sale at Sears. I like the clean looks of my black 2lt loaded with the rear spoiler, running boards, 17" polished wheels, and lighly tinted windows. Am i the only one who thinks most people make their car look worse? I dont want the HHR to be looked at as the way the kids murder there civics and cavaliers. With coffee can mufflers, and flashing lights underneath.
Read under sign below!!! It's all in good fun!!
Old 04-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Platinum Member

Hey, caddytrucks' thread and his question....it is a forum. But, SOME of his, and others, comments and questions I wondered on also.

But, it's your vehicle. Do with it what you want. I remember a former President thought his El Camino, with green artificial grass turf all over the bed, "looked really neat". He liked it....but he was a bubba.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:48 PM

I don't want to sound stupid or mean but how do you go off on things you don't like talk about peoples rides and then ask them how they did something. Yes there are ALOT of things people do to there ride I don't like and for the most part I think is ugly. I really wonder to myself if people really look at their ride and think it looks good and I am not just saying the hhr's people. I mean there are things I have done to my hhr that people my not like or understand why but that what makes us different. I mean if you go to a show and all the hhr looks the same it would be boring. That's why I am doing a lot of thing differently then others to stand out and hope some people like it and if not it's my ride.