Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Rear Wiper Delete

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 04:49 PM

Rear Wiper Delete

Ok, its about that time... Im just looking to put some kind of metal plug or patch in the liftgate to cover the hole when I remove the wiper assembly....I would like to find something low profile, so I can just spray it body color. I've been through Home Depot with no luck... Anyone have a recommendation?
Old 09-30-2009, 05:00 PM

"Say No to Plugs"

Old 09-30-2009, 05:08 PM

Sure thats the "correct way", or buy a chrome/stainless 1" hole plug at Lowes or Home Depot in the hardware department. Or use one of the 1" black plastic plugs from the inside of the front doors of your HHR.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:46 PM

SoCal Style....

Originally Posted by TkHHR
Sure thats the "correct way", or buy a chrome/stainless 1" hole plug at Lowes or Home Depot in the hardware department. Or use one of the 1" black plastic plugs from the inside of the front doors of your HHR.

Yep
Old 09-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Former Sponsor

why not do it the right way..mask off about 8 inches each way after u weld it..try not to damage to much..heat may damage sum but not too far out from the weld...take it to your local airbrush guy and get sumthin funky to cover it up..clear coat that area..buff your brains out...if not color match paint isnt that much$..when i did my visor and skirts..paint,reducer,clear cote and hardner all ran about 120$can...cheap spray gun(15$)from local newfie speed and sport(princess auto)not sure if usa has an all round crap store or not..maybe napa or pep boys??your local auto body supply store will cary your paint..just give them the code..its on that grey sticker in your glove box..or just cut it down really short..butcher your kids doll for a bendable hand(i think u see where im goin with this)bend and glue the thumb,and 3 othe fingers...u could wave it on command..http://www.hitchcritters.com/
Old 10-11-2009, 12:05 PM

I didn't want to bother removing the entire wiper unit in case of future need or sale of the vehicle. So I spent 15 cents on a vacuum plug to cover the stem. I will just tell inquiring minds that it is the XM antenna in case the question comes up.

Name:  DSC06461.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  82.4 KB

The gold metalflake pinstriping is available at the parts store for about $7 and takes 10 minutes to install on the entire vehicle if you have a good eye and a steady hand.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:46 PM

Curious ...

I was going to make a CNC Machined Billet "plug" thats fits in there.. something that can be painted/polished/chromed ..

Anyone intersted? ..I'll make one up .. and post the results .

The goal here is to have a completely reversable solution..
Old 03-01-2010, 09:12 PM

I have seen somewhere, that there is like a chrome or stainless steel T-handle that looks like its an actual door handle to open up the rear hatch. Not sure which vendor's website I seen it on though.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by techguy
Curious ...

I was going to make a CNC Machined Billet "plug" thats fits in there.. something that can be painted/polished/chromed ..

i would
Old 03-01-2010, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by techguy
Curious ...

id take one . as long as they didnt cost alot

Quick Reply: Rear Wiper Delete