Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Side window visors

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 12:48 PM

Side window visors

Hello all,

I am new to this site. I just leased a HHR in December 2005. It is a black 2LT with running boards, and a spoiler. Looks great and so far I have had no problems. I traded in a 2002 Avalanche for the HHR. I do miss the room in the Avalanche, but not the gas costs!

I have seen online and at the dealer side window visors for all four doors, but using the 3M tape. I had those on another vehicle before and had bad luck with them. On my Avalanche I had the Weather-Tech visors that go in the window channel. Not only do they look better, but are much more secure than the ones with tape. Has anyone seen these? I have contacted Weather-Tech, but they only have the in channel for the front doors. I want all four.

Enjoy reading the forums and hope to talk to some of you soon.

Mike

2006 Chevrolet HHR
1968 Buick Skylark
Old 03-18-2006, 02:45 PM

Welcome!

You can find them right here for $59.995 for the set of four:

Lund In-Channel Vent Visors for HHR

Hope it helps!
Old 03-18-2006, 03:16 PM

I like to see some pics of those installed versus the other kind..
Old 03-18-2006, 03:18 PM

They are going to look similar to this:

Much better than the "tape-on" style.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:30 PM

A good idea, but I would be afraid they would take away from the aesthetics of the HHR...thoughts?
Old 03-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Banned

I myself think they are ugly. I have never liked them on any vehicle. Whenever I see a set on a vehicle I immediately think the owner is smoker because everyone I knew that has put them on did it so they could still smoke and flick their cigarette while it rains.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:12 PM

They are also a good way to release trapped heat in the car on a hot Florida day plus they look awesome..
Old 03-18-2006, 05:27 PM

I like mine, but-- I used to think the same thing-- anyone that has em is a smoker. Makes sense, but I'm not a smoker.

I spend a lot of time in the extreme north and the extreme south of the country. In the heat of the south, I can leave the windows cracked a bit --without fear of rain getting in-- and of course, that keeps the car significantly cooler. For 8 month summers, that's kinda nice. :)

Last year when I was up north for several months, it rained and snowed and rained and snowed. I ended up with a lot of moisture on the driver's side just from entering and exiting the car (no garage there last year). I cleaned it up over and over, thew some old towels on the floor...but could never get it dried out completely because the weather was so wet. Couldn't leave my windows cracked so it would evaporate (because it was always raining or snowing). Beefy all-weather floor mats would have helped, but being able to crack the windows would have helped more. At that time, I vowed I'd get window visors when I bought my HHR.

So, I bought em for function in the north and the south. I wasn't sure about how they'd look-- thought it would break up the lines, but I love them. My ultra-conservative non-smoking neighbor commented that it looks like they were made for the car and GM should have included them by default.

I think mine look a lot better than GM's OEM offering and I also like the extra couple inches of tint that they add.

They do take some getting used to at drive thrus, though.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:33 PM

I bought these for $65. Shipping is free.

http://deflectors4less.com/chevy-hhr-avs-ventvisor.html

They are in-channel with adhesive (the adhesive part goes inside the channel).

They look like this installed:

Hope that helps!
Old 03-18-2006, 05:53 PM

anyway you can take a closer picture?

Quick Reply: Side window visors