Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Sunroof deflector or just get it fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Banned

Get it fixed. Even if you go the goofy deflector I would still get it fixed. I have had a number of vehicles with sunroof and by far this setup on the HHR is the best I have seen without a deflector. There is no way I want that foreign car look of the deflector.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:20 AM

The Deflector doesn't look all that bad.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:29 AM

Never got bugs in the mesh.
Noise wasn't ever an issue (never had it open on the freeway)--Nano is always blaring too!
I think the deflector looks good--and looks fine on a black HHR--it blends in.

Blackie is going to the dealer this week--I can still pop it up and can at least look out the glass, but I do miss it as now I have to open my windows

thnx all!

@
Old 07-21-2008, 10:34 AM
jx3

I was the original poster of this problem. Fixed at no charge. I've got a wind deflector, but have yet to get it installed. There is room for both.

BTW.......the sunroof is still fully functional even thought the arm is broken. Just hold that arm down until the glass slides over it, it will still close itself as normal from that point.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
I was the original poster of this problem. Fixed at no charge. I've got a wind deflector, but have yet to get it installed. There is room for both.

BTW.......the sunroof is still fully functional even thought the arm is broken. Just hold that arm down until the glass slides over it, it will still close itself as normal from that point.
Thanks, Jx3! It was your post that I looked for when this happened!
Were they able to fix it pretty quickly/easily? I have tomorrow off and will take it in the morning and get a ride home from them.
(HHR_rox_Cali had the how-to of changing it out to a deflector.)

Yes, I know it still opens, but I can't close it on my own...need someone to hold the arm down. I had the service guy hold it while I closed it.

So to clarify then, I can have the deflector on and still have the mesh on as well? Just didn't seem like there was room.

thanks!

@
Old 07-21-2008, 11:01 AM

On mine it seemed like it wouldn't fit right, so i lock tied the mesh deflector so it wouldn't open. You might be able to do the same by locking down both sides of mesh deflector at the brackets so it doesn't open. Unless of course it will be fixed under warranty.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:18 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by afs9
Thanks, Jx3! It was your post that I looked for when this happened!
Were they able to fix it pretty quickly/easily? I have tomorrow off and will take it in the morning and get a ride home from them.
(HHR_rox_Cali had the how-to of changing it out to a deflector.)
The day it happened, I stopped by the dealer to have them see/order necessary part(s). It was late in the day and they actually wanted to keep it overnight to "diagnos" the problem. Had the service/parts mgr come look at it on the spot, and he said they would be ordering the part, and would call when it came in. It took about a week for the part to arrive, so made arrangements to drop Dory off 1st thing in the morning, and had her back in the afternoon. The part that was ordered/replaced was the complete sunroof frame as the plastic arm is rivited in place.

Just make sure before you drive off after the repair to check to make sure the "net" is functioning normal. When I got mine back they had to make some adjustments because the net only popped up halfway.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
The day it happened, I stopped by the dealer to have them see/order necessary part(s). It was late in the day and they actually wanted to keep it overnight to "diagnos" the problem. Had the service/parts mgr come look at it on the spot, and he said they would be ordering the part, and would call when it came in. It took about a week for the part to arrive, so made arrangements to drop Dory off 1st thing in the morning, and had her back in the afternoon. The part that was ordered/replaced was the complete sunroof frame as the plastic arm is rivited in place.

Just make sure before you drive off after the repair to check to make sure the "net" is functioning normal. When I got mine back they had to make some adjustments because the net only popped up halfway.
Same thing here--it happened about 4.30 on Friday--I was lucky to be just up the street from my dealer and the service guy said the tech had gone home, blah, blah, but that I should leave Blackie. I had a busy SoCalHHR weekend so didn't want to leave it.

From your posting, it seems I need to probably get a part ordered--no problem leaving it for the day for them to look over--was going to get an oil change anyhow and need one of the map lights fixed on the rear-view mirror. Thanx for the info, Jx3!

@
Old 08-03-2008, 11:32 PM

Update

Blackie spent the day at the dealer and got his sunroof replaced on Friday and all seems well. We had a busy SoCal HHR weekend with a cruise at some ungodly hour of 5.20 am for a donut on Saturday (of course it was popped open!).

Today, we took a cruise up PCH to the LB for brunch and cruised back down PCH to the OC...

Days like today remind me why I live here and will never live anywhere else..gorgeous!

(thnx jx3 for the info!)

@