Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Tres Chevys one needs chrome tail light rings...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 12:22 AM

Tres Chevys one needs chrome tail light rings...

The Corvairs have the right vibe for me in the tail light arena. Chrome rings. I know some of us are adding plastic chrome around our tail lights. I did it on one, but the joining seam keeps coming undone with shrinkage/expansion, etc. Still, even damaged, it stands out.
I'm hoping someone will soon make some complete "egg rings" for the HHR. It would makethe rear end stand out.

Chevy should offer them as part of a chrome upgrade kit. It seems the car is doing well for them, so they should cash in on the aftermarket.
The PT Cruiser spawned quite the aftermarket pile'o' stuff, why not the Chevy?

I guess in time.....
Anyway, I wanted to show the pics of our three chevys and talk chrome. Never enough chrome!

Heck, after looking at the rears, I want to put a 1964 Corvair rear chrome grill on the HHR. Hmm, maybe in photoshop.
Here's another shot:

From back to front, 1964, 1967, 2006
Old 08-01-2006, 02:15 PM

I too wish they would come up with something permanent for trim rings on the HHR. I put the 1/4' trim around mind and it has held up quite nicely. I did press rather firmly when attaching it, so maybe that's the difference. It's been on there about 4 or 5 months and is still in place where I put it and I didn't use any adhesive promoter either. Hopefully something will become available that will eliminate using the chrome molding trim, but until then, I'll just keep mine like it is.

BTW...those are really cool corvairs there. I think I've got pictures of one at a car show. I'll look and post it here when I find it.