Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

trex billet grill

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 07:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cjnappo
i dont care how much it is im getting it i love that grill i think it sets the whole thing off sweet cant wait probably going to take a couple of months to save the money though
Go for it! It will be cool to see it on a street driven HHR instead of a showcar.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:05 AM

I must admit i like it but id have to have the matching lower piece and it's way north of what i'd prefer to spend. I planned on going with the carriage works setup until i found one i liked much more (maily because of the side borders). http://www.autotrucktoys.com/chevy_h...-P10459C0.aspx
Old 01-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chuktaylor2
I must admit i like it but id have to have the matching lower piece and it's way north of what i'd prefer to spend. I planned on going with the carriage works setup until i found one i liked much more (maily because of the side borders). http://www.autotrucktoys.com/chevy_h...-P10459C0.aspx
I bet you anything your going to have to cut the bars out of the stock grill to make it look like that, just like I have to do to mine to use the Carriage Works grill. I'll put 100% faith in that, especialy after seeing the price. It looks cool though.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:42 AM

Captain,
What do you mean by cut the bars out of the stock grill?
Old 01-18-2006, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I bet you anything your going to have to cut the bars out of the stock grill to make it look like that...
Nope. The Stull grilles are welded to the included frame. Their price includes both upper & lower grilles also. If you like the style it's a great bargain!
Old 01-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by shugga
Captain,
What do you mean by cut the bars out of the stock grill?
The Carriage Works grill I got requires me to take the grill out, seperate the grill and frame, cut off the top bar of the grill, reattach the top bar to the fame, reinstall the frame and top bar to my HHR, then attach the billet grill to the frame. To my eye it looks like you would have to kind of do the same thing to that grill, chop out the center bars instead of just cut off the top. Look how the ribs are seperate from the edge and forward of the edge. I could be wrong it's just a guess.

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Nope. The Stull grilles are welded to the included frame. Their price includes both upper & lower grilles also. If you like the style it's a great bargain!
Are you 100% sure? Remember I called Carriage Works and the lady told me their grill was 100% bolt on with no cutting required. It seems odd to me that I paid a little bit more for my Carriage Works combo and it would require all the additional work on my part and is made out of less material and less labor put into it. I still like the Carriage works one the best, IMO I think it looks cooler without the frame.

Last edited by captain howdy; 01-18-2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:04 PM

If somebody ends up buying this, please update this thread to confirm! I think it looks great and the price can't be beat. It almost sounds too good to be true...
Old 01-18-2006, 03:24 PM

Are you 100% sure?

Nope. I just called them. Theirs is a "cut-n-fit" job too.
Guess I won't be carrying those either....

I can't understand why aftermarket companies would go the "cheap route," then still expect consumers to pay this kind of money - while they:

a) destroy their stock grille shells

and

b) do all the work themselves!

I'm still looking around for a vendor to build us grilles. If and when I find them; you can bet they will be direct replacement, full-frame, bolt-in designs, that install in 30-minutes or less (like the brand we already sell).

...end of rant.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Banned

Are you 100% sure?

Nope. I just called them. Theirs is a "cut-n-fit" job too.
Guess I won't be carrying those either....

I can't understand why aftermarket companies would go the "cheap route," then still expect consumers to pay this kind of money - while they:

a) destroy their stock grille shells

and

b) do all the work themselves!

I'm still looking around for a vendor to build us grilles. If and when I find them; you can bet they will be direct replacement, full-frame, bolt-in designs, that install in 30-minutes or less (like the brand we already sell).

...end of rant.
Not everything can be that easy and some of us like doing the work ourselves. If you like how it looks it's worth the work and destoying the stock grill. Putting that one on looks like a pain in the a** compaired to just cutting off the top bar. No wonder it's cheaper, more work for the customer and less material on the grill. At least you spoke to a more knowledgeable person at Stull than I did at Carriage Works.