Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Underbody Light Kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 08:48 PM

i am working on varad underbodies they are thin and flat easy to hide tubes please give me a call monday 1-877-724-6682 to see what call you would like check out the underbodies www.varad.com great kits and led and bright easy to install power ground and switch
Old 07-22-2006, 09:56 PM

Underbodies are not that hard to install. Half the battle is finding where to wire the power cords to and from underbodies and where to put the controller or switch. I put my controller in the "hidden" center compartment. and drillled hole in it to run wires to the fuse panel on passenger front side and wasnt hard to run wires just had to remove compartment and tie rock and thread to wires and to "fish" down and get a fuse tap and you are then set for power to neons. The top of the line neons are streetglow gold series or streetglow led multicolor kit. I have the streetglow led kit. It is awesome.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:29 PM
SYE

The rear tube can be mounted to the bottom of the spare tire compartment, there's plenty of space to position it exactly how you want it. The front tube doesn't even need to be attached with clamps, its an almost perfect fit with the ends of the tube held in place with the black plastic covers just behind the bumper.

Installed them myself in about 2 hours, Lite Glow LED kit from autotrucktoys.com

Old 07-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Banned

Thank you and NICE!
Old 07-29-2006, 08:34 PM
SYE

Thanks
Old 08-04-2006, 09:34 AM

i dont have any good pics worth posting but i have the Purple streetglow gold series neon kit....the gold series is the best neon kit on the market....brightest glow on the market....Was very easy to install....the hardest part is tucking the wires and keeping them from hitting and of the suspension or exaust parts of the undercarriage.......i used zipties to tie up the wires....i installed the converter in the spare tire comparment so i just drilled 2 holes for the wires to run up into the comparment...the Gold series tubes dont have seperate power and ground wire...just 1 wire coming out of each end of the tube...you wire then directly in a series....so it goes from transformer wire to tube to tube to tube to tube back to transformer...then you hook up power and ground from the transformer...good to go...of course you hook up your switch.........I put my switch in the back because i didnt want to route wires up front....its kind of a hassle to go back and forth to turn them off and on but im going to get me a wireless remote kit for the neons to fix that problem
get your streetglow neon kit from ebayl...best prices....i got mine for 129 shipped to my door..from cali to missouri in 4 days
Old 08-04-2006, 07:48 PM
SYE

I put the control box in the back too, the Lite Glow only has a 3 or 4-foot cable connecting the hub where the tubes plug in, to the control module so even if I used power from the front somewhere, the hub and wire routing would be a pain to manage. I don't change the colors on mine very much so I just put a switch under the steering column so I can turn them on and off without going around back.

Old 08-05-2006, 04:06 PM

well since i didnt get a color change kit i got a purple neon kit from street glow i put the switch in the back to...i dont have any wires running up front at all..not even for my stereo
Old 09-27-2006, 04:12 PM

I know this is a fairly old thread, but I just thought I'd post this question here.

Does anybody here know the laws pertaining to underbody light kits in Oklahoma? I've asked a few of my friends, but most of their answers were all different. I've also tried to look it up, but most sites about the laws say stuff like "Oklahoma Laws needed" or something along those lines.

Any/All answers are appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-27-2006, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by betterof2evils4
I know this is a fairly old thread, but I just thought I'd post this question here.

Does anybody here know the laws pertaining to underbody light kits in Oklahoma? I've asked a few of my friends, but most of their answers were all different. I've also tried to look it up, but most sites about the laws say stuff like "Oklahoma Laws needed" or something along those lines.

Any/All answers are appreciated. Thanks
Next time search for "oklahoma revised code" but here is the info on neon lights in oklahoma. It comes from http://www.oar.state.ok.us/oar/coded...dt374obdcli00_
595:20-5-1. General lighting requirements of each type of vehicle
Lighting equipment, as set forth in Part, is to be inspected as designated on each class of vehicle [47 O.S. § 12-101 et seq.]. All factory equipment is acceptable. Some items which must be rejected include the following:
(1) Blue Dot Lights.
(2) Lens covers.
(A) Clear tail lamp lenses that do not produce red light and do not have red reflex reflectors.
(B) Clear rear lamp lenses incorporating the tail lamp, stop lamp, turn signal lamp, hazard lamp that emit light that is blue, green or any color other than amber or red, as appropriate.
(C) Replacement of combination lamp assemblies that originally incorporated rear reflectors with clear rear lamp lenses that do not have red rear reflectors.
(D) Any lense which is a color that causes the improper color of light for its required position and function on the vehicle.
(3) Any covering that reduces the size of the lamp or changes the factory color.
(4) Neon lights.
(5) Colored bulbs with clear lense assemblies.
[Source: Amended at 15 Ok Reg 3295, eff 7-13-98; Amended at 18 Ok Reg 3113, eff 7-14-01]

Quick Reply: Underbody Light Kits