Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

What do you think of?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
They are what they are. Bolt on inserts. Not my favorite way to mod.
You are aware that your factory grill is BOLTED into the car and you remove the factory one and completely replace it? These are not something that you just slip into the factory grill like say a hub cap is for a wheel.

OP I said what I said because it sounded like you were going to let other people personal taste dictate what you do to your car. It is your car and only matters what style you like. Now if someone that did not like it stated that there were known issues and the quality was suspect or something along those lines then imho that would be different.

As for any of these sellers selling a better or worse one I highly doubt it as they all probably come for one or two manufactures. Heck if you look at the black ones you will start to notice that many of the sellers have the same location in So Cal and are using the same pic. Heck all three you linked to are in So Cal as well lol.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:41 AM

07, Thanks for your input, I should have worded my first post better, I like to heart what other people say about a item and their thought s on style,and quality,Sometime they point out the good or bad oif a item. As you popinted out these are bolt on not covers,and if I were looking for a cover instead I would have been surprised when I recieved 1 of those bolt ons :), I think you may be right as to the manufactures could be the same and just rebranded, from So Cal lol
Old 12-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=07azhhr;683868]You are aware that your factory grill is BOLTED into the car and you remove the factory one and completely replace it? These are not something that you just slip into the factory grill like say a hub cap is for a wheel.

Yes I am aware. Guess I didn't word my other post very well.

To be honest, I've seen a few that look decent. But most of the aftermarket ones just look "ricey" or cheap. But that is my opinion,and the OP was asking for just that.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Platinum Member

Radco. This grill you were looking at.
I guess I like the ones that have a border or outer frame.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Radco. This grill you were looking at.
I guess I like the ones that have a border or outer frame.

Yes That is the one I like the most,, A member here told me it is made by Lund and no loger in produstion .. I like the frame around the grill,makes it look complete.. I like the Billet Grill but looks like it is missing the frame.. I have access to a metal shop,my sons father in law build Spiral Stairs, and I will be getting together with him to see it we can do something.. Will seee what happens :0 Thanks for your input, Your opinion like the others is what I was looking for :)
Old 12-18-2012, 06:19 PM

Choose the one that......

Choose the one that bolts right on and not the ones that you have to cut up the car. That's what I have.........