Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 06:21 PM

Cool Wheels

Hello:

I made a big mistake---I passed on the fancy wheels on my HHr for the plastic ones, figuring I could put moonies on it! I got a set from "mikes". They looked great but are a hassle---they keep traveling against the stems! ARGRRrrrrrrrrrrrr! I retured them since I do not want to hastle with the wheels to get them to work---too old for that; shouldn't have to anyway.

I would like some feedback from those of you who originally got the stock wheels and later bought an after market set.

a.they are the LS 16inchers---I want to stick with that size.

b. can the original stems and sensors be tranferred or do I need to buy a new set---hope not--will be selling the old wheels and not using them so would be a waste.

c. pepboys---sears---or some internet store with a good rep? pep boys sometimes runs sales---any 16" wheel for $150. But--I don't know chrome from magnezium and I need them to hold up in the PA. winters and salt. So waht is the best material for that?

d. can a tire store re-mount the tires and reset the stems and sensors---or---should I go to the dealer? this air system is only new (fed strd) in 2008 and I am guessing these stores do not have the knowledge necessary to do this changeover.

e. anyone get any other type of cover for their HHR to replace the plastic that they think look better than the plastic in case I keep the orig. wheels?

A lot of questions I know---some probably already answered---sorry for that!

Thx for any help or advice.

greatly appreciated

peace to all in here
Old 07-27-2008, 02:27 AM

Hi there, welcome to the forum.
Dont worry about passing up the optional wheels, there are so many out there for less money. A few people here have had good experiences from internet sellers, try Nates wheels on Ebay, or tirerack.com.
Most local shops have no trouble with the sensors, they can usually transfer the original ones, but it can be tricky keeping the stems intact so some recommend new ones.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:33 AM

Spotty, wheelvintiques has what you want. 90 bucks a wheel in gray primer, to be painted any color you like. Of course, then you have to buy the center caps and trim rings separately.

http://wheelvintiques.com/shopsite_s...ml/page79.html
Old 07-27-2008, 05:34 AM

spotty...if you decide to sell the steelies, I'm interested - at least in 2 for my snows.pm me.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:42 PM

Wink

thx my friends for responding--will check out

I was mostly worried about the sensors
Old 07-27-2008, 02:14 PM

You should be able to transfer the sensors.