Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Where to get those small rubber inserts for door pocket?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 11:26 AM

Where to get those small rubber inserts for door pocket?

I noticed today that I am missing one of those oval rubber things that sit in the bottom of the interior door pockets/grab handles. Someone must have forgotten to put it in during one of my service appointments. So anyone know where to get a spare, and what their proper name is? Doing a google search for "rubber door handle thingy" doesn't get me anything. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:34 AM

Dealer can get them. It happened to me right from buying my 09 new. They said the must have gotten sucked up in the vaccuum when the car was cleaned before I got it. They had to order them for me, however the first ones were wrong-they got the ones for the cobalt-which are too small. Must specify HHR. Don't know how much they cost but they can't be too expensive. Unfortunately they just sit in the armrest with 1 small tab holding it in place. When you get the new one (as well as for your other ones) buy a glue called GOOP (Home Depot has it and maybe Walmart) and put a dab on each one before you put them back down. You can pull them up later without damage when you need to get to the door screws.

GOOP is great for vereything. I used it to hold the mesh screens on my fog light vent covers.

Mike

Last edited by BlackknighT; 04-25-2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: dealer
Old 04-25-2010, 12:08 PM

Well the reason they aren't glued in there is so you can pull them out and clean them.... The tab is so you can pull it up and out of there.

Comes in handy especially for the cup holders.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:42 PM

Dont forget the one for the cup holders also..

I just got my HHR and love those little things it makes cleaning out the cupholderes so much easier. I am missing one and am going ot order 2 to have a spare just in case the vacuum thing happens to me!
Old 04-25-2010, 06:34 PM

CrazyCarKid-the glue is just like a clear gel type glue. If you have to pull the rubber covers out of the arm rest holes you can without any damage. Remember-just a dab. This way when you vaccuum they don't get sucked up. Plus if you have to take them out too often-you must have real big problems with your doors
Old 04-25-2010, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by BlackknighT
CrazyCarKid-the glue is just like a clear gel type glue. If you have to pull the rubber covers out of the arm rest holes you can without any damage. Remember-just a dab. This way when you vaccuum they don't get sucked up. Plus if you have to take them out too often-you must have real big problems with your doors
Oh, well see I'm not good at putting a little bit on.... I'd use so much it'd be like concrete!