Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

You guys like this wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 06:49 AM

You guys like this wheel

tell me what you all think about this wheel
http://www.americanracing.com/wheels...lloy&section=P

in a 9310-28592 20x8.5 +18 5 1/2 5-115 Chrysler

i dont no if that will fit i hope it will.... cause i think that would look great on my hhr
Old 01-04-2006, 07:00 AM
Banned

Not my style and they don't fit. The HHRs bolt pattern is 5-110.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:18 AM

wheel

Originally Posted by inarmywpride
tell me what you all think about this wheel

in a 9310-28592 20x8.5 +18 5 1/2 5-115 Chrysler

i dont no if that will fit i hope it will.... cause i think that would look great on my hhr
looks to much like factory wheel.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:53 AM

First, from one Black HHR owner (2LT here) to another WELCOME and I personally thank all of you vets who are IMHO, great American HERO's! Now back on topic. I personally like the style and have been looking and waiting for a more classic style of wheel. If you like centerlines and money is not an object, they will custom build along with a few other companies. As mentioned the bolt pattern is 5x110 and the offset I believe is 42+. Hopefully, more companies will offer more non-tuner style wheels for the HHR. That is where I am sitting, I have the $, but I really haven't found that wheel that does it for me. Good luck in your search and I was really impressed by your Stang! Share in your search and I will do the same!

Best of luck,
Fenris!
Old 01-04-2006, 10:29 AM

I would really like to put a set of these on my black HHR. I saw them at the store and really liked them.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:30 AM

I don't like anything by American Racing they all seem cheap in my opinion. I've only come across a handful of wheels that I like and come in the right pattern, may wat to wait until more styles become available. On a side note I did find the wheels I think I'm gonna get, but they will remain top secret at the moment, don't want anybody stealing my thunder yet.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Banned

I agree about American Racing, they make cheap rims. These are what I'm partial to right now:
Name:  zinik_z9_ci3_l.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  29.9 KB
They don't have them in the right size for the HHR but I also haven't made my final decision.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:47 AM

It sure is frustrating with the limited availability of wheel choices for the HHR right now. I would think that there will be a lot more choices soon. There are so many wheels with the offset needed and bolt patterns so close to the HHR's 5-110 that many manufacturers only need to set up a jig for the pattern. Let's hope they get moving on this soon!!

Some added comments:

If anyone is considering chrome wheels, try to find out if they have had any problems. Chrome plating on aluminum is tricky and can result in problems if not done right.

Also, most "polished" finish wheels (including Chevy's) have the surface finished and are then clear coated to prevent corrosion. The down side (and this includes chromed) is that you cannot repair minor damage like the typical "curb rash".

An "advantage" of painted wheels is that minor damage can be easily fixed and the wheel repainted. Over the years I've had many factory and aftermarket wheels and swear by the painted when the inevitable damage happens.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:26 AM

Aluminum

The problem with aluminum wheels, especially ones in the frigid North, is that they're fine until you need to replace the tires. As soon as you pull the original wheel weights, they corrode where the weights were and then just get worse as time goes on. If I were to buy American Racing wheels, I'd go for the Torque Thrust series. I don't want a wheel that looks like a stock wheel. Why bother?
Old 01-05-2006, 05:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kodak_jack
The problem with aluminum wheels, especially ones in the frigid North, is that they're fine until you need to replace the tires. As soon as you pull the original wheel weights, they corrode where the weights were and then just get worse as time goes on.
I'll second that. Salt and aluminum don't mix. Its a good thing Chevy put the weights on the inside of the rim. At least the corrosion wont be visible on the surface.

Last edited by captain howdy; 01-05-2006 at 06:07 AM.

Quick Reply: You guys like this wheel