Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

add amps and EQ's to existing system

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 01:02 PM

Just got the 360 i guess i'll start on this project tomorrow, will try to put up some pics but don't laugh it is no where near the quality of yours MsBecky. It will be safe and secure but not a showcase item. Just want real sound back to enjoy its been about 4 years since i last competed and i miss the quality sound of my old system.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by miltonfisher
After looking at your install MsBecky i would be embarrassed to post any pics. I only have some components mounted temporarily i am waiting in the 360 to finalize the lay out on my amp rack. This is a stealth install as I travel quite a bit and don't want anyone to be tempted to break in. I put all components under the rear storage lid on a 3/4 piece of plywood that will be covered with black cloth to match interior. I think i might have to put a fan back there but well wait and see. i'll give you a heads up when I get the 360 installed, but it might be a while, not in any rush to get this done. By the way very nice install keep up the good work I would love to hear it when its done and tell Scott Milton Fisher said hello the next time you see him.But only if the Scott you are referring to Scott Bowalda (excuse my spelling) I used to run a 94 Astro in SQ in IASCA and USACI and he would help me out now and again.
I will see both Scott Paterson and Scott Bud-waldo this weekend .. MECA event at American Radio on Saturday and an IASCA event at Hybrid Audio (Scott Budwalda) on Sunday ... I will tell him Milton Fisher said hello .
Thanks for the comps .... She will enjoy it ....
Greg
Old 06-27-2013, 03:25 PM

What time on sunday and where is his shop I have temp plans for sunday but if that doesn't happen I might take a ride over for the show.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:26 PM

Just got the 360 i guess i'll start on this project tomorrow, will try to put up some pics but don't laugh it is no where near the quality of yours MsBecky. It will be safe and secure but not a showcase item. Just want real sound back to enjoy its been about 4 years since i last competed and i miss the quality sound of my old system.
I completely understand .... I have been out of the mobile audio scene for 10 years . Focused on my home system , love it ...... use it daily......
It makes sense to tap into the plug at the amp in the rear , everything is right there .
I do not laugh at people who put forth an effort . Nor will I try and steer you into something you do not want .
But if you need some support , I will point you into the right direction locally .... To people we trust in our community ..
Greg
Old 06-27-2013, 03:30 PM

What time on sunday and where is his shop I have temp plans for sunday but if that doesn't happen I might take a ride over for the show.
Follow this link
http://hybrid-audio.com/summer

3X Point Event — IASCA SQC • IQC • IdBL • Bass Boxing

Sunday, June 30th, 2013 • Registration is from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM.

IASCA North American Championship Cars will be on display and demo.

Hybrid Audio Technologies Headquarters

1240 Oak Industrial Lane

Cumming GA 30041 USA
Old 06-27-2013, 03:37 PM

Not sure if you have pulled the rear panel yet but here are some pics of the factory amps 3 connectors and the wires.

In this pic the top (Green) connector contains the speaker out wires. For mine the pairs were taped and twisted as you can see with the tan and grey (left front). You can see the Dark blue and lt blue (right rear) pair and the yellow and brown (left rear) pair too. Note that these wires are a larger gauge then most other wires. The smaller black (bottom) connector contains the pink remote on wire. You can see it as the bottom most wire in that connector. This bottom connector also contains the input signal wires comming from the HU.

Name:  ampplugs.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  243.8 KB
Old 06-27-2013, 03:46 PM

Ahhh, the posting god has blessed you !!!!
Glad you are back 07azhhr!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 03:48 PM

Haha you were posting that and I was sending you a PM lol.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:51 PM

ok thanks to both MsBecky and 07azhhr
Old 06-28-2013, 04:03 PM

Kicker Amps via miltonfisher .

Quick Reply: add amps and EQ's to existing system