Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Aftermarket double DIN Pioneer stereo install. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2020, 11:07 PM

Aftermarket double DIN Pioneer stereo install. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Okay, I guess I'm going to need somebody to explain this to me like I'm a three year old. When I got my 2006 HHR, it had an aftermarket double DIN stereo in it. It was wired strangely power wire going directly into the fuse box for some reason. But it never really gave me any problems. Then about a month ago it would work for a day or two and then would be out for a week. Sometimes work for a couple minutes and then be out for a week or two. I bought a very nice double din Pioneer stereo and the $70 wiring harness and interphase hookup. No more bypass for whatever reason it was everything is hooked up correctly. I have checked all fuses I have run down all the wires for shorts and I can't find anything, but I can get absolutely no power to my radio. Not even lights on the radio nothing. The only thing did I question about the wiring on the radio is the antenna wire that comes in off of the roof has been cut and shredded and is not hooked up I don't use it anyway. I am sick to death of listening to my little Bluetooth stereo driving down the road, please help me to regain power to my radio.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:07 AM

What are you using for an antenna? That red wire is power for the antenna, it does not work without it.
Exactly what interface and harness?
Which wire did the Old owner run to the fuse box. There are 2 power on the radio, one is switched one is hot always. The always on wire is supposed to be in the car harness.
In the original harness there is only the always on wire, the on/off is handled by the computer digitallly..
Have you tested the speakers? The OE speakers fail frequently.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:15 PM

With your radio I took out it was just a red wire that they had directly wired into the sunroof fuse which my car doesn't have a sunroof. The harness is a Scobe gm3000sw. I apologize for my lack of knowledge but I have never known what OEM means. But as far as the speakers go, they were working fine when I took the old radio out. The antenna cable that comes in from the roof is completely shredded and I can't plug it into anything, but the old radio wasn't using a antenna cable either.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:18 PM

The interface box is supposed to be for all of my car noises like my blinker click and door chimes. I have connected all the wires to the exact colors coming from the car. Like I said before I check the fuses for my radio and amp I checked the fuse on the back of the radio, I have installed hundreds of radios in older cars and trucks I have never run across anything like this. Any and all help is hugely appreciated.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:31 PM

This is what's left of the antenna cable
Old 01-04-2020, 02:05 PM

Just for curiosity do you know the brand and model of the aftermarket radio ?
Can you show a picture of the back of it ?
I would think it needs an antenna plugged into it.
Can you find where that cut cable ends ?
I found this if it helps you.
https://www.hifisoundconnection.com/...BoCdFcQAvD_BwE
Old 01-04-2020, 02:43 PM

Old 01-04-2020, 02:44 PM

Old 01-04-2020, 05:15 PM
Platinum Member

Is that the antenna plug port with something jammed in there ?
All the stereos I've ever replaced wouldn't make any sound until the antenna was hooked up. I think a lot of them use that antenna cable as a ground for the head unit.

Old 01-04-2020, 06:47 PM

OK so your antenna is trashed. That isn't the wire I meant. There is a popwer wire that goes to the base of the antenna.
Do you intend to listen to radio broadcasts? If you do you will need an antenna of some sort.

Have you considered looking at the directions for the adapter? They are available online. https://metradealer.com/files/produc...MOS-LAN-03.pdf

OriginalEquipmentManufacturer. OriginalEquipment.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket double DIN Pioneer stereo install. PLEASE HELP!!!!