Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Any1 got pics of how u ran ur RCA'S from deck to amp?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 07:19 PM

Any1 got pics of how u ran ur RCA'S from deck to amp?

Got every thing to install been been lazy my pics will be soon if interior panels come apart easy enough
Old 03-11-2013, 09:18 PM

Amps in the back?
I ran them down the passenger side under footwell carpet then down the side. Need to pull up plastic trim at bottom of doorways, then the front kick panel pulls back. I used a coathanger to feed through b-pillar. Then beside rear seat and up into cargo area.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by prod
Amps in the back?
I ran them down the passenger side under footwell carpet then down the side. Need to pull up plastic trim at bottom of doorways, then the front kick panel pulls back. I used a coathanger to feed through b-pillar. Then beside rear seat and up into cargo area.
Thanks prod how long did it take?
Old 03-12-2013, 09:47 AM

Easy to pull interior bits, a few minutes except for the b-pillars. Took a few minutes to get them through there, a combination of fishing and carefully pulling up the bottom edge. Didnt feel like pulling the seatbelts.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:46 PM

I completely gutted my car to run cables. Seats and trim all out. I'm very anal about running cables.. But tearing out HHR panels is easy, very easy.. Wish every car was as easy to disassemble/assemble.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:32 AM

Same here....pulled as much trim as I could, then used coat hanger for fishing. Not too bad. My amps are hidden where the factory sub would go. (don't worry, I have fan-forced air flowing over them!)

It would take a vandal roughly a half-hour to dig his way in there!!
Old 03-22-2013, 06:51 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Eric B
I completely gutted my car to run cables. Seats and trim all out. I'm very anal about running cables.. But tearing out HHR panels is easy, very easy.. Wish every car was as easy to disassemble/assemble.
This is the best way to go.

You are looking at maybe 10-20 bolts/screws I would say.

I did everything except the front seats. Next time I will be taking the front seats out and doing it correctly.

I ran my RCA's down the center console and then just followed the stock power wire. There is slight alternator whine if I give the mids/highs amp some gain, but with no gain, there is almost no noise. When I'm playing music, there is no noticeable interference, but I would not recommend running RCA's next to power wires unless this is a quick fix and you plan to do it right down the road.

I plan to relocate the power wires to the drivers side.

As of now, they go from the drivers side and then cross over to the passenger side somewhere around the middle of the rear seats, then they go around the spare tire circle and to the battery. I see no reason why it won't reach the battery if you change it to the drivers side.

this would leave the entire passenger side for RCA's, speaker wires, or any other non-powered wires and the drivers side would be for power wires.

http://postimage.org/gallery/aknzyl7m/7ba5de8a/

here are 2 pics I got when I lined some panels with peel and seal.

Notice the black covered wire. that's the stock 4awg power from the alt to battery.

Now that think about it, the alternator is on the passenger side. why the hell did they route the wiring like this...

maybe I'll re-route the alt to battery wire through the passenger side firewall. gonna upgrade it to 1/0 probably anyway...